chap 1: All the care in the world. NOT. Haileys prospective

She sat in the second row of the back of the class, music blasted into her headphones, ignoring everyone. Message after message popped up in her friends group chat, a giggle every now and again at the messages.
     Just as the bell rang, he walked in, You didn't need to hear to know everyone went silent. Hailey didn't play into the whole social norms. She wasn't the average social butterfly, but she also didn't have to be pretty to know who he was.
      He flopped down in the chair, and set his stuff on the table. Class had started 10 minutes ago, a pencil was thrown at the back of her head. She turned around to see her friend, Abby shaking her phone.

Abby: what are you doing?

Hailey: wdym?

Ava: wait, what's going on?

Toni: FR, what's going on?

Abby: HE sat next to Stinson. She has not said one word!

Ava: STINSON!

Toni: Stinson, you better say hi

Hailey: what's the point? What would we even talk about?

Abby: you better say something, if you become friends, or more... we could go to parties and smoke.

Hailey: last I knew that was a rumor. Besides I'm not that type of person.

Abby: fine I'll talk to him.

Hailey turned around to look at her but Abby was already up.

"Hi, I see you met my friend Hailey." She said to him.

"Hi Abby. Yes I have, she doesn't talk much does she?" He replied

"Not to many people, no" she says side-eyeing Her  "so I hear you're throwing a party Tonight, that sounds like fun."

"Yeah I am. I mean it is Halloween after all" he says in a obvious way.

"I was wondering if we could hang out before then?" She asked proudly.

"I can't my mom wants me to do chores before the party, sorry" he denied nicely

"Oh okay, maybe some other time?" She offered

"Yea, definitely" he smiled

    She walked back towards her seat, let down a bit.

"Can I see your phone for a sec?" He gestured

     she handed it to him, he typed something into something and handed it back.

     "There." The bell rang just then. "Message me sometime" he smirked and disappeared within a second.

     Abby was next to Hailey in a second. "What was that?"

     Hailey still couldn't hear anything, so she just shrugged. She picked up her stuff and was about to leave, when she saw one of his rings she grabbed it, walking out of class.
     Ever since she was little, she stayed quiet. Never asked a question, never made a statement. A silent person all her life and that was the way she liked it.
     Hailey saw her so called "friend group" huddled by the girls bathroom, whispering. About her? Maybe.
     She walked to her next class, english with tate. Ughhh, She loathed him but in a way, didn't.