chap 3: out of all the boys. Hailey's perspective.

5 minutes is all they had for a break, 5 minutes to find Him. she popped her head out the door, first thing she seen, her "friends" right next to the girls bathroom, then him next to the boys bathroom. she stilled. he was looking right back at her, she felt her cheeks reddin.

She moved back in a flash. embarrassed by getting caught. She kept her head down, knowing he's in every class of hers. as quickly as she could, she grabbed her book and began to falsely read it. music still blasting in her ears, so if he were to say anything she wouldn't hear him.

like last hour, he walked in just at the last second, placed his stuff down next to hers, and plopped down. she looked at spencer, she looked back. Hailey shrugged.

"we'll, what's the thing today tate?" spencer asked Tate

"you'll find out in a sec" He replied

She sighed, not the answer she wanted.

"okay, were gonna take a vote" he says

Hailey pushed the volume down on her headphones to hear, and gave tate a thumbs up. He nodded in a silent reply.

"we could either split the gym half-in-half, dodge ball one side basket ball on the other." he gave the first option. "or volleyball"

everyone chose to split the gym up. not surprising. most of the boys in the class were on the basketball team.

"QUIETLY head down to the stairs to the gym." he says in his very sturn but fun tone.

Hailey headed down with spencer, playing tag along the way, giggles escaping them as they jog to the gym.

"you two are so girly I swear to god!" Her cousin, Kayla said

Spencer giggled, then shrugged "it's what we do best." She looked at Hailey, and gave her a smile.

"dodge ball?" Spencer asked Hailey, pointed towards the dodgeball side so she knew what she was saying.

Hailey nodded her head, moved to the wall, and waited for the game to start. he slides in smoothly, undetectable behind her.

     Just then the game started, she dodged and thrown, and dodged and thrown again, getting out the weak ones first. She was about to throw when Louie, Kayla's boyfriend, threw one like a baseball right at her head. she wasn't fast enough, she closed her eye's ready for the empact, but it never came. Instead when she opened her eyes, his arm stretched out, ball in hand, was in front of her face, protecting her from harm.

"Louie, sit out for a few" Tate told him

      then she remembers, Him. She looks for him. But where did He go?