Chapter Five: Wild Magic

Anne just couldn't believe what was happening, Marcy just couldn't tell where they were going, and Sasha just wanted to keep up.

Currently, The Calamity Trio was running through a field with red blades of grass and chasing after a little Titan named King...however, they had been running for quite a while. King was fast and so was Sasha, but Marcy and Anne? Not so much.

"K-King! You do know where we're going, right?!" Marcy cried.

"It kinda feels like we're just going in circles!" Anne called out, barely able to catch her breath.

"Just trust me!" King called back. "It's not that far!"

"I hope not..." Sasha muttered under her breath.

The four kept running and running for what felt like ages until they finally got out of the forest...and then? King finally stopped, with both Marcy and Anne falling down. Sasha just wiped the sweat from her forehead, cracking her neck as well.

"Gotta admit...glad I still work out..." Sasha said, taking off her leather jacket and tying it around her waist.

Anne raised a hand to speak before King suddenly began running again.

"C'mon, you three!!!" King called out as he began running on all fours like a wolf or dog.

Anne groaned and got up, running after him with Sasha and Marcy, practically heaving. "How does he have so much energy?!"

"He did say...that he was...a god!" Marcy pointed out, clearly out of breath. "O-oh, god! My heart feels like it's gonna come out of my chest like...Aliens...!" She cried before suddenly collapsing.

"Less talking, more running!" King shouted.

"Hey, King!" Anne called out. "I think we should take a break!"

"Huh?" King asked as he slid on the ground and stood up...before he saw he was already quite the distance from them. "Oh...oh, I thought you were right on my tail..."

Sasha was now carrying Marcy on her back, only a little tired. Marcy was just catching her breath while Anne just had her hands on her knees.

"We're...only...human, dude!" Anne exclaimed as she fell right on her back.

Sasha hummed. "Why are you in such a rush anyway?"

"Well, I just wanna try and get to Luz before the sun sets." King said. "I don't wanna wake her while she's asleep...oh, and the dorms lock up, but meh! We've broken into too many places for me to count."

Marcy lifted her head. "D...dorm...?"

"Yeah, Luz is still in college." King answered. "Why else would she be living in a dorm?"

"I didn't think this 'Luz' would still be in college." Sasha replied, humming.

King laughed. "Duh! She's only 18!"

"SHE'S ONLY 18?!?!" Anne shrieked. "I THOUGHT SHE'D BE LIKE 20 OR SOMETHING!"

King laughed. "Nope! Why? Did you think I was talking about boring adults like you?"

Marcy then finally got off Sasha's back, even though she really didn't want to, and stretched a bit. "I like to think I'm very fun..."

"...when did Luz save the world?" Anne asked, now a little concerned.

"When she was 14." King said with a shrug. "It all happened only four years ago."

Anne's eyes widened. "SERIOUSLY?!?"

Sasha looked at Anne. "Didn't we save two worlds at 13?"

King sighed. "Let's just keep going!"

"NO!" Marcy cried as she fell to her knees. "I'm not sure my heart can take any more running! Can't we just fly?!?"