Chapter Two

Rowen tossed and turned all night. Thankfully, her brother helped her patch up her hand, and it didn't hurt anymore. The only problem was, everything else ached. It felt like she had growing pains in every inch of her body, deep under her skin.

Her arms, legs, stomach, and even back burned no matter what position she moved to. Finally, after hours of moving, she fell asleep.

She woke when she heard her door open. It was strange waking up to it, it was just the quietest creak on its hinges. But then she heard two footsteps and a click.

She sat up without thinking and caught a Nerf dart headed right at her face. Like a reflex.

"Wake-" Sid's voice trailed off. "Did you just-Did you catch it?"

Rowen stared at it, the bright orange tube in her hand. She rolled it over her fingers, inspecting it for anything weird.

"That's against the rules you can't catch it," Sid emphasized, walking over. He snatched it out of her hand and put it back in his Nerf gun. He cocked his gun. Another click.

Rowen grabbed the dart out of the air.

"What the fuck Rowen." He said. He took it back and left.

She glared at the door, then groaned and flopped back on her bed. She could hear Sid walking around outside her room, going to the kitchen, and grabbing something off a shelf. She heard the soft thud as he set it on the counter, and the crack as he opened the container of butter. Why could she hear that?

Instead of focusing on the unknown, she shifted her attention to her dresser. More specifically, the fact that she had to get dressed. She groaned again and rubbed her eyes.

Oh, right. She reached for her glasses on her nightstand and put them on. What? She lifted them back up, and set them down. When she wore them, her vision was worse. When she wasn't, she could see perfectly fine. Even better than the day before. But her eyes didn't just get better overnight. That's impossible, right?

She brushed it off again and walked to her dresser. She pulled out a bra, underwear, brown cargo pants, and a green sweater. Setting them on her bed, she kicked her door shut and turned to her mirror. Holy shit.

It was her in the mirror, she knew that, but the person didn't look like her. She had toned muscles, with her biceps visible thanks to the tank top she slept in. She looked down. Her thighs were somewhat the same, but now she could see her muscles under her skin.

Rowen looked down at her own body, reaching up to touch her arms. They weren't an illusion. So essentially, she'd become extremely buff overnight.

Of course that couldn't happen, it's impossible. So, instead of freaking out, like a rational person, she just ignored it the best she could. She got dressed, not caring to pay attention to her defined stomach-an eight pack???

She pulled her sweater on, the final piece of her outfit. There. Now she looked normal. She was in her normal baggy clothes, with her normal boxy frame and her normal short hair. She was not some super buff person underneath her clothes. If she couldn't see it, it didn't matter.

"Rowen!" Sid shouted. "Hurry up!"

"I'm coming!" She replied, yanking her door open. Metal crunched, and she pulled her hand away in shock, staring at the doorknob clenched in her hand. She ripped it out of the door. "Uh, hang on." Panicking, she stuck it back in the door and pulled her hands away slowly. It stayed. Perfect.

"Izzy's here already!" Sid continued shouting from the other room.

"I'm here!" Her girlfriend Izzy added.