Chapter Eight

Happy drove Rowen and Peter home after the strength test. She had pushed it as Stark advised her not to do, but she found out she could lift four tons without breaking a sweat. Her muscles started getting sore around five. That was either because she pushed it so much on her first day, or she was weaker than Spider-Man. She hoped it was the first one.

Happy dropped Rowen off first, and she ran for the elevator to the apartment. She still had Izzy's headphones, and she hadn't eaten since that morning. Her stomach hated her, but her mind kept wandering about the possibilities of her new life.

She almost broke her key in the door, not paying attention to controlling anything. She jerked it around and walked in, dropping her backpack on the floor. Sid and Izzy were bickering in the living room, with the familiar sounds of mario cart playing in the background, and the greasy smell fo pizza wafted through the air.

"Fuck you!" Sidney shouted.

"Oh, it's not my fault you got hit by a green shell!" Izzy replied with a laugh.

Rowen paused in the doorway, trying to decide if she should see Izzy first, or get pizza. She chose Izzy. She smiled, padding over to them on the couch.

"Hey," Rowen said. She leaned over Izzy, arms braced against the couch behind her shoulders. They both jumped.

"Jesus Christ-" Sid launched his controller at her, but Rowen caught it easily. Thank you spider-sense.

"Rowen what the fuck-" Izzy muttered, looking up. "That's terrifying."

"Sorry." She pressed a quick kiss to her lips. "Please tell me there's still pizza."

"We ordered two." Sid grabbed his controller back. "So yes, there's still a whole pizza and a couple of slices left."

"Good." She left them to get food. Izzy paused the game but didn't turn around.

"So, how was your study group?" She asked.

"Study group?"

"Yeah, the one with Peter?" Izzy turned around and met her eyes, widening them slightly.

"Oh, right, my study group," Rowen spoke through a mouthful of pizza. "Yeah."

Sid scoffed. "I don't understand why you don't just have Izzy help you. She's a nerd."

"She's right here," Izzy said.

"Whatever, she's smart, you're not." Sid waved his arms around, pointing at Rowen for the end of the sentence.

"Fuck off." She muttered.

"We'll talk later." Izzy raised her eyebrows. "Wanna play a round?"

Rowen shook her head and instead squished up against Izzy on the couch. She still had her pizza, so she just ate while watching Izzy and Sid destroy each other in mario cart. In the end, Sid won.

Once it hit ten, he went to his room to join a discord call, and Rowen and Izzy returned to her room. Sid didn't bother making Izzy go home after last night, so he just stayed in his room. She and Rowen snuggled up on Rowen's bed, Izzy the big spoon, and Rowen the little. She told Izzy everything, from the elevator ride, to meeting Tony Stark, and back to the gym, and about the gym the next day, and...

Rowen fell asleep as she rambled. Izzy grinned and pulled her closer, then pulled the blanket farther over them and closed her eyes.

Rowen finally woke up from something other than a Nerf dart Saturday morning. Instead, it was her girlfriend throwing clothes at her while she tried to find something for Rowen to wear for the testing day. Because Rowen's incapable of picking out an outfit. Of course.