Chapter 10 | "tech something"

•Emery's POV•

•Emery's POV•

"So you like the green one better?"

"Definitely, it compliments your eyes more than the black one," Char said from her position on my bed.

She came over about an hour ago to help me get ready for an event I have later today, it's similar to a gala but a tad bit less fancy.

"Now for jewelry," I say walking to my closet, after flicking on the light I open the second draw-down that holds some of my favourite necklaces.

Scanning the draw for something that would match the dress, I find a gold necklace with five small Emerald pendants separated by smaller Dimond ones all evenly spaced around the front of the necklace.

They match the green of the dress perfectly

"How about this?" I ask holding up the necklace so she can see.

"Stunning," she says in aw, "You're going to look amazing," she compliments.

"Let's hope," I say putting the necklace down beside the dress, "I really need these photos to turn out cute or Father will have me beheaded," I laugh like it's a joke but in all reality, he would be very mad.

"I think for your hair you should do a kinda loose crimp moment," she suggests.

"How very 2000s of me," I joke.

"Oh my," she shudders, "Not the little chunks of hair crimped, bigger pieces so it looks more natural, you know?" she explains her vision.

I run a brush through my hair quickly, "I agree,"

"Not really speaking of, how was having out with Ryan the other day,"

I sigh turning around and looking at her dramatically, "Don't get me wrong he seems nice I just don't feel anything with him and...I don't know, I thought then you like someone fireworks went off or something,"

"Maybe the fireworks just missed their timer and they'll go off soon?"

"Maybe," I nod.

"Ooh is there a theme for tonight's event?" she asks intrigued.

I think about it for a few seconds trying to remember what was written in the envelope.

"No I don't think so, it's for a company that does tech something,"