Chapter 14-Tanya

Maria stuttered  and stumbled  when I told her that the twins  Jacob and Gareth   really  liked her too  she began blushing and  said

'I can't  ask them out Tan there so hot and I  really like them  like I really really  like them  I  believe  in your words  tan but margerite  always told me to never ask a boy out andvlet them  ask me out "

"But Mari its different  now isn't it  I have seen many girls  ask boys out even before I came here  and Mrs filches  and Mrs Freder  both told me that girls often asked out boys  these days  and it was rare that a boy asked  out  a girl"

Maria thought on it  for a bit and  then got up  i watched how she walked upto both Gareth and  Jacob and pulled them  in before planting  a kiss on each  there  lips  they looked momentarily  stunned  and then Maria  said

"Will you and Gareth  do me the honour  of  being my dates to tonights  royal gala where my uncle Eric and sister Margerite will be  the honored  guests"

I could tell that despite her bravery  Maria was terrified  that the boys would say no and I began feeling  guilty  that I had pushed her to do it I felt like crying  but Aanya  told me to look up   so I did and thats when  I heard Jacob say

"Wow  of course we will go out with you Maria  infact before you approached  us me and Gareth  were considering  on asking you out  because we think your very  sexy and  so true your not like the other  type of girls  who think that because  your  is rich  that you can  buy everything  and everyone so yes  me and Gareth  would be most honered to  be your dates to the royal gala"

I looked at Gemma and Jenna  and asked them what just happened  both Jenna  and Gemma looked  like they were ready to jump up   then Gemma  said

"They accepted  lady Maria's invitation  to  bee her dates to the royal  gala  my lady  Tanya    and they  also  asked  lady Maria to accompany  them on a  second date  your  coaxing  worked   my lady  Tanya on your saying  lady Maria  threw off her veil of shyness  and  approached  the two  young  lordss and now she's heading back this way  with a  radiant  smile on her face"

I looked towards Maria  and stood up she then  hugged me crying   as she said

"Thank you , thank you  thank you  so so so so much cousin   if you hadn't told me in your own way to pull up my big girl panties   and ask them out then I wouldn't  have ever guessed that there as crazy for me  as I am for them  thank you  so much Tanya"

I smiled and hugged  Maria tighter  and all day after that  Maria was glowing   during the second lunch  her and the twins   went on a walk around  campus and both Gemma and Jenna  had to go to the library to pick up books for there  new  classes  so I dismissed them fir the rest of the day while I went in  the garden to read  a book.

  Of course  I was well protected  by bird shifter gayrds   so  I had nothing  to worry about  and I had daddys  word that the bird shifter gaurds  wouldn't  hurt anyone or intervenevif they  didn't   pose a threat to me  but  daddy also warned me if his gaurds noticed at any point I was in danger  or the situation  seemed  odd  then they would intervene  and  sacrifice  there lives  to  protect  me .

That part of daddys words hurt because I.didn't  want anyone  sacrificing there lives for mine because to me all lives mattered and just because I  was royal   it didn't mean  that others  didn't  matter but I dared not tell daddy about this .because I knew he would say  that as a princess  my life was more important  than anyone  else's .

Tears began streaming  down my face but were soon  licked up by Cindy  the silly  golden labrador  I had fallen in love with  because of how sweet and protective  she  was Cindy   yipped  and began pulling at my white summer dress I had changed into  after we had free lesson  I  got up and took out a ball to throw  at her  she  ran to  get  it  we played fetch  then I  got  her food .

Cindy ate the food and  then we sat on the grass  Cindy lay in my lap as I snuggled  into her soft  fur  and I  didn't  know when I fell asleep   I was woken up by a  ferocious growl  and  I looked up from   cindys  fur towards the woods  and thats when I realised  it was dark.

When I looked into the woods  I saw   a beast with blood red eyes and  sharp white  gleaming  teeth   I could smell  rotten eggs  and   under the moonlight when  the creature   came out of the  shadows  I saw it was hairy like a were
werewolf  but  it snout was  twisted at such a  odd angle that  it looked  deformed  the feet were  huge and the claws were deadly  sharp and covered in blood and thats when I noticed  a mangled torn up body.

I was frozen in fear  as two more appeared  out of  the woods  my body became paralysed  and   a scream froze in my throat  Cindy  stood in front of me  and growled  at the creatures   for a moment  the creatures backed up before all three ran towards Cindy   as she went to fight them I let out a scream

"CINDY  NOOOOOOO"

Then I heard a voic e in my head that I knew didn't belong to aanya  it Said something in an urgent tone  and I knew it belonged to Cindy

"RUN AWAY  PRINCESS  TANYA OF THE DRAGON KINGDOM LEAVE NOW AND  GET HELP"

I listened  to Cindy and ran for my life but as I ran I heard  fast running behind me  and thats when I ran for my life in order to get help.