Chapter - 4

After 3 weeks, Vikram was discharged from the hospital. He got his jaw and bones fixed and healed from the wounds. The doctor said he should best rest for at least one month.

Raghav and Vikram both are in the parking lot smoking in the car. The nicotine is doing its work relaxing their mind.

"you should have put on the seatbelt," Raghav spoke out again, he isn't ready to accept that Vikram is admitted to the hospital for three weeks, only if he put on his seatbelt.

"huh?"

"I got saved, cause of my seatbelt and airbag, you're not" Raghav build-up a seatbelt theory for his friend by overthinking based on 'how this accident happened.'

"Please don't start again, I can't argue with you more, it's been only eight hours since my jaw fixed" Vikram can't able to talk for twenty days and is fed up with Raghav's unstoppable babbling about alcohol, rash driving, and mainly seatbelt.

Vikram used to throw things at him with his free hand whenever he was annoyed with his friend's lecture.

"why not? I'm the one who searched for you like a maniac in the alley with soul-killing pain, god knows how much time"  Raghav voiced himself

"yeah, I should have waved a white flag or carried a cute balloon with me so that you can find me when my soul was just about to leave my body." Sarcasm is evident in Vikram's tone.

He took a last puff and threw the cigarette through the window.

"But an angel saved you, you're a blessed child," Raghav grinned pulling Vikrams' cheek.

"Cut the crap, I would also do the same thing when she is in my place," Vikram stated true, he never leaves an injured person alone.

"But how can you imagine your wife in that situation, you're too bad" Raghav teased like he decided to pull Vikrams' leg the whole day.

Vikram huffed at his continuous mockery and avoided that topic "I just want to crush the little puny creatures who attacked us, I'm on my seatbelt, just removed it to get rid of them, and boom I'm in the air, and rolled over over over and again down breaking my bones, while you kissed by the airbag. I taught that was my last day"

"don't you say that,"  Raghav said in a serious tone.

Seeing Vikram in that condition on the hospital bed extinguished him.

"That is what I felt when I can't even move my little finger, every part of my body screamed in pain, and my head went numb, dripping blood." Vikram described his state

" I reached out my hand to hold you when you were getting thrown out of the car by force, but physics got its best. I came out of the car and searched for you like hell, but I got no clue where you fell."

" Yeah, I see you, you gone to search in every direction but not mine. Idiot! You know I tried to call you, but you ran a race and disappeared screaming my name."

"Such a shame!" Raghav facepalmed himself.

"I lost consciousness and she got me to the hospital, she tried very hard to get me conscious, and I wonder how she was able to hold up my weight. Everything is a blur to me, my sight, her voice, my walk. There is only pain."

Even in that vulnerable state, he observed her, only her, her efforts, her prayers, her struggles to get him to the highway. He himself helped her to get him to the road, seeing her struggle. Her howls are still in his ears.

"What if you see her again?" Raghav asked.

That is what Vikram also wants, to see her again, clearly.