Building bridges

So, despite my best efforts, the shower contained many thoughts of my captain, none of which were very innocent. Knowing that we still had something put a little bounce in my step and my confidence had returned. It is time to show the team why I was given the player of the tournament at the World Cup. We are training for a couple of friendlies, so it's a lot less pressure than last camp, but everyone is still very competitive, and we want to win every game we play.

Before training, though, I need to speak to Lauren. She deserves an explanation just as Leah did. She also needs to be able to make an informed decision on if she wants to continue down this road. I catch her just before we need to be on the pitch so we don't have long. I grab her hand before she has a chance to avoid me and pull her into the kit room.
"Y/n, I don't really want to see you at the minute,"
"I know what it looks like, and honestly, I understand why you're mad at me, but there's nothing between G and I. The situation was complicated. "
She turns away from me and starts pacing
"I've not exactly been very subtle in how I feel about you, I was so happy that you said yes to the date and then seeing that picture" she stops pacing and looks at me I can see the glistening of tears brimming her eyes, I take a step towards her but she holds her hand up telling me to stop.
"I need to get this out, and if you come over here, I won't be able to."
I nod my head, I don't want to interrupt her
"I picked you up from the fucking airport y/n you could have told me then, I would have understood if I heard it from you but hiding it and then seeing the picture it felt like I'd been punched in the stomach"
"Lauren, I should have told you, but it meant so little to either of us that I didn't think to say anything, I had forgotten about it by the next day,"
"That's not all,"
"What else is there?"
" I saw Leah earlier, I haven't seen that smile on her face since Australia, you two clearly had a good night" knowing that Leah was smiling after our conversation made me happy and I hate to fight from smiling myself.
"Nothing happened, but we had an interesting chat this morning that I need to speak with you about"
"So you guys are back together then?"
She tries to walk away but I reach for her hand turn her back to me
"No, we're not back together. Well, not in the way you think"
"Okay?"
"We're dating, but it's not exclusive, I still want to see what this is between us,"
"So we share you?" I have to laugh because I essentially yes?
"Kinda, you are also free to date anyone else, I don't want to lose either of you, and I'm so confused at the minute. It's so selfish of me to suggest it. "
She doesn't say anything, and it's like I can see her thinking this through. Too much time has gone by without her responding
"Please say something." she meets my gaze, smirking
"Do you remember the last time we were alone in a kit room together?" She moves closer to me, backing me up against the wall
"Hmmm, I'm having trouble recalling. Maybe you can remind me?"
Instead of words, she connects our lips, letting out a little moan. Kissing Lauren feels good, but the rush I get from kissing Leah isn't there..yet. She increases the pressure, and I let her deepen the kiss. Her hand reaches under my top, and she runs a thumb across my nipple over my sports bra. She traces along the line of my abs towards the top of my shorts. I pull back from the kiss, breathing heavy.
"Not now, we're going to be late for training,"
Her eyes are still a little unfocused. She takes a step back
"I honestly forgot where we were for a second,"
"That good of a kisser, am I?" I tease pulling her towards me again
"Hmm, we need you out on the pitch, and I'm worried if I say yes, your big head won't get through the door,"
"Ouch, Hempo, why you gotta play me like that?" She gives me a quick peck on the lips before pulling me towards the door. She turns back to me before opening it.
"Ohh don't think for a second we're done here, you've got some making up to do to me and it may take several attempts until I forgive you" I'm left with my mouth open, speechless,as she walks out the room.

"Hey kid," Leah calls out to me as I make my way on to the training pitch. I jog over to where she is warming up.
"Why hello miss williamson, what can I do for you?"
"Just checking, you're all good. I haven't seen you around today,"
"You're the one that left me alone in bed at the crack of dawn."
"I won't be doing that again in a hurry, don't worry."
"I've missed you." The words come out before I can stop them, and she steps towards me and pulls my hand to hers as we face each other
"I've missed you too, but we're together now,"
"Hey, lovebirds, we're have a practice game. You two are the team captains, so break it up. " G shouts over to us, and my cheeks turn a little red, time to focus.

The practice goes well. we picked pretty even teams, but in the end, Leahs team won, which I'll never hear the end of. We head back inside to do some work in the gym before lunch. The sun shines directly in my eyes, and I miss the steps leading down to the gym. Next thing I know, im on the floor looking up at Lucy with quite a severe pain in my ankle. I try to stand up and put some weight on it, but the pain is too much, and I have to sit back down.
"Y/n, are you okay?" Lucy has successfully made it down the stairs and is crouching next to me
"It's my ankle, I think I've sprained it,"
She looks at the injury and does a sharp intake of breath as it is now twice as big as a couple minutes ago. Without another word, she scoops me up over shoulder in a fireman's carry and starts walking towards the treatment room. The rest of the girls are already in the gym as we walk past, but they are concentrating too much on their workout to notice us. Lucy gently sets me down on the edge of the bed.
"Thanks for the lift, mate. I definitely could have hopped, though,"
"Knowing how accident prone you are, I couldn't risk you going over in the other ankle." she had a point, so I didn't argue with her.
After around 20 mins and an x-ray, the medical team had ruled out a break, but I have a very bad sprain and would be out for a couple weeks. Which meant the end of camp for me at least in the sense of training, I won't have to return to Liverpool for treatment as its not a long lasting injury but I will have to cheer my team on from the sidelines tomorrow.