Part three

I followed the car that contained my target. It wheeled into a gated property. There were two gate guards and tons of lights.

I quickly absorbed the light from the street lights and sent it back in to overload the bulbs. When the guards heard the smashing sound they activated their abilities and looked around. One raised their fists and the other began scanning the perimeter.

A sight based ability. I better take them out.

I built up two non-lethal small beams in my hands and aimed it at the watchman. I let it go and it slammed against her head, knocking her out. The other guard heard her fall and put their hand to their radio.

I shot them in the head and snuck up. I sprung wings out of my back and slowly got over the gate. With each swing they grew brighter, so I had to let myself fall.

I let them fade and slowly pulled light out of my palms to form a katana.

I slowly approached the building and began observing from the dark. The front door was guarded by two men dressed in black. There were multiple security cameras that watched over the area. I decided it wasn't worth it to go in the front.

I crept around and looked for other angles. There were no windows I could reach or anything. I sighed and collapsed the katana back into my palms. I formed the light around my hands and used the rest for a strength boost. I slowly climbed my way up the building by punching small holes in the wall so I could grab something.

Once I made it to the roof I spotted a ventilation pipe that looked wide enough for me.

I crawled through the system and periodically looked out tiny vents. It felt crushing to be hugged by metal walls.

I hate tight spaces.

I came to the end of the system and, thankfully, there was a vent cover I could remove.

I concentrated light at my fingertips and slowly traced around the edges of the cover. I grabbed it and pulled it back.

I dropped through the vent and rolled to break my fall.

The man sat behind a desk with two bodyguards. He had a smug look in his face.

"I've been expecting you."

I quickly charged two white beams and shot it into both bodyguard's foreheads. They were knocked out cold.

The man behind the desk smirked.

"You didn't think those were my only guards, did you?"

A massive black beam that sucked all the life out of the room penetrated the walls and nicked my ear. The entire room went dark and the only light came from my ability.

The walls collapsed let moonlight in. A masked figure flew through the hole on raven black wings. They landed on the other side of the room.

Two black blades materialized in their hand.

That's Nyx's ability. Why is she attacking me? Practice?

"Step away from this, vigilante."

I materialized a white shield in my hand and a white longsword materialized in my other.

"No can do, Nyx."

She rushed at me at blinding speeds and swung both of her blades at me.

I parried with my shield and slashed my blade at her.

She disappeared from where I stabbed at.

I whipped around and did a full circle slash. I knew Nyx's tricks well. But she knew mine too.