Chapter 13

By the end of his first week, Logan had grown accustomed to the amiable customers.

  Some, he had gotten comfortable at seeing every day after classes. There were always new faces, one or two disgruntled customers, but he didn't let that phase him. At the end of his shift, Aaron was already sitting at the end of the counter. He was talking on his phone but Logan could tell he was cognizant to everything around him.

  When Aaron's gaze focused on him, he quickly averted his eyes. He was not conscious of when he started to get shy around him because Aaron was extremely reticent about his thoughts.

"How was it?" Aaron asked him, getting up from the stool.

"Good." Logan walked around the counter to stand in front of Aaron. "I'm just glad it's the weekend and I don't have to work."

"What are your plans?"

"No plans."

"Do you want to hang out with me?"

  Logan didn't know why that question made him suddenly feel nervous. It wasn't his first time being alone with Aaron.

  He guessed since acknowledging his feelings, he wasn't sure how to act around him.

"Sure, what do you want to do?"

"It's a surprise."

  Aaron grinned at him, as he held the door open for him to exit the diner. Logan didn't say anything because he was getting use to Aaron opening the door for him.

  They were making their way across the street to Aaron's jeep when Logan realized he had forgotten his bag inside his locker.

"I forgot my bag inside the locker." Logan turned to leave when Aaron grabbed his arm, stopping him.

"You stay here. I'll get it for you."

  Aaron look both ways before making his way back across the street. Logan leaned against his jeep to wait for him.

  Five minutes went by, but still no sign of Aaron exiting the diner. He pushed away from the jeep and took a step into the street toward the diner.

  The roar of an engine had him turning to the right. Logan was rooted to the spot, when he saw a vehicle driving towards him at high speed.

  The driver beeped his horn to get his attention, but it was like his body was frozen. He tried to get his legs to move, but they refused to obey him.

  Logan closed his eyes waiting for an impact but someone crashed into his body and they fell to the ground, rolling towards the sidewalk. A grunt left his mouth as his fall was cushioned by a hard body.

  He opened his eyes expecting that he was dreaming, but he saw Aaron hovering over him, with a concerned expression.

"Did you get hurt?"

  Logan shook his head. "No. What about you?"

"Nothing to worry about."

  Aaron rolled off him to stand on his feet and held out a hand to help him up from the ground. 

  Logan brushed off the dust from his clothes, while looking around for the speeding vehicle.

  But it was nowhere in sight. Where did it go?

"The car, where is it?"

"I don't know."

Logan searched the street, "How could the driver disappear without checking to make sure he hadn't hit anyone?"

"Come on, let's get out of here before a crowd gathers."

  Logan couldn't let his aunt back home find out about this. It was hard enough to convince her that he was doing fine on his own. If news about his near accident gets out, his Aunt was going to put him on full lockdown.

  When Aaron entered the vehicle, Logan noticed him wincing as he put his bag on the back seat.

"Aaron, did you get hurt?"

"It's just a scratch."

  Logan didn't believe him but he just leaned back against his seat and kept quiet. He would deal with that when he arrived at the dorm. The drive back, his mind kept replaying the events of the accident.

"The driver was probably drunk and didn't want to get in trouble."

  Logan turned his head to the side to look at Aaron. His eyes staying on his face looking for any signs of discomfort.

"He should have at least made sure we were not injured."

"Maybe he panicked."

  Logan glanced out the window with a sigh. He wasn't going to rack his brain about that person's lack of morals.

  When the jeep pulled up in front of his building, he had already made up his mind.

  He grabbed his bag then opened the door, but he didn't get out.

"Come upstairs with me for a while."

"Why?"

Logan closed the door and just stared at him through the open window. He let out a soft sigh when Aaron got out the jeep to follow him. During the elevator ride up , his eyes kept darting to Aaron.

"Someone moved in the room next to mine." He told Aaron as he unlocked his door.

"Have you ever seen this person?"

"No, I haven't seen or heard anything."

"Aren't you curious about that?"

"Not really. Have a seat." Logan pointed to a chair as he went to his bathroom to get his first aid kit.

"You don't really need to..." Aaron started to stand but Logan pushed him back on the chair.

"Take off your shirt."

  Aaron fixed his gaze on him, his staring eyes seemed to look right through him. He slowly moved his hands to the hem of his shirt, pulling it over his head. Logan tried to act like he was unaffected by the sight of his bare upper body.

  He looked down, there was a gash on his right arm and another long gash on his back.

"Why did you made it seem like you weren't injured?"

"I didn't want to worry you."

"Your body belongs to me, so be careful next time." Logan blushed when he realized the words that came from his mouth. He hastily opened the first aid kit to clean his wounds.

  Aaron's body twitched as he used the alcoholic swab to clean his wounds.

"Luckily they're not deep, so no stitches is required."

"I know that."

"This is going to burn." Logan applied ointment to his wounds, feeling Aaron's body tensed up for a couple of seconds before relaxing.

"That shit burns a lot." Aaron said with a laugh.

  Logan didn't know what possessed him, but he found himself leaning forward to press his lips against Aaron's skin.