ONE

A tired smile formed on her pale lips , as she looked at herself in the mirror. It had been so long , so long since she had actually liked the sight of herself in the mirror. The black satin dress fit her body perfectly , hugging her beautiful curves , her defined abs visible though the fabric making her feel more confident. She was a fighter and a warrior , the scars on her hands and her back proved it , and yet she decided to hide her beautiful scars with makeup.

Her hazel eyes traced the the room when a knock from the door echoed in the room. The door opened and a woman stepped in. "Whoa , who are you ? and what did you do to Nyx ?" said Luna, a friend she had made in the time she worked for the Giovinazzi's, Luna was Antonio Giovinazzis sister, beautiful with a heart of gold. Nyx chuckled at her words. 

"Do I look alright ?" Nyx ask with a soft whisper and Luna's eyes widened. "Alright!? darling you look like a bombshell" Nyx let out another laugh at her words "You say that while you look like you're gonna take over the world" Nyx complemented and Luna smiled. "Alright, enough gay shit, now come on, we need to down to the hall, Antonio is waiting for us, the event is about to start" Luna said and Nyx nodded. 

The two beautiful women walked down the stairs, making their way to the event, Nyx despised events like these and she was thankful Luna was there to keep her company. It was an event with dumb rich men talking to eachother, most of them having zero respect for women.

"Ciao Nyx, sei bellissima" The Italian mob boss smiled at her and smiled back "thank you, you look good too" she muttered as she stood beside him. It was one of her last days as an assasian working for the Giovinazzi's. She already had many mob bosses ready to hire her, each one's offer better than the others. She was still deciding, with no hurry in her. The event had begun and it took five minutes for her to get bored of it already. She let Luna know that she'll go take a walk around the outsides of the mansion before making her way out.

As she made her way through the crowd, Nyx's gaze landed on a secluded corner of the mansion, where an old fountain stood, its stone figure weathered by time. Intrigued, she veered off the main path, slipping into the shadows as she approached the forgotten alcove.

The air was cooler here, the sounds of the party muffled by the thick stone walls. Nyx paused by the fountain, her fingers trailing along the smooth surface as she took in her surroundings. It was a rare moment of solitude amidst the chaos of the evening, and for a fleeting instant, she allowed herself to savor it.

But then her training kicked in, the instincts honed through years of relentless discipline. There was no room for sentimentality in her world, no time for idle contemplation. She had made the mistake of being vulnerable once, never again. She sweared to herself that she would never let it happen again, ever.

As she turned to leave the secluded alcove, Nyx's senses pricked with a sudden alertness. There was a faint sound, almost imperceptible amidst the distant hum of the party—a whisper of movement, a soft footfall on stone. Instinctively, Nyx tensed, her hand drifting to the concealed weapon at her side. She scanned the shadows, her senses on high alert as she prepared for whatever—or whoever—might emerge.

On the other hand, Charles, Charles Leclerc, the terror and miracle of Monaco, the mob boss of Monaco and the french regions, walked through the mansion. His heart was beating fast, faster than usual. He was here for her, and he knew where she would be. He knew she used to hate events like these, he knew where she would go when in this situation. He longed to see her, the woman he once loved, even though he claimed to hate her now, he wanted to see her. 

He was walking down the halls, then to the secluded area of the mansion, knowing he'd find her there, his ocean eyes adjusted to the dark but beautifully ethereal scene in front of him, the fountains, the dead grass, the trees that have been here for oh so long. 

And suddenly, his eyes landed on her, she was so beautiful, as beautiful as the night sky. His lifeless eyes relaxed for a moment as he looked at her, emotions building up but he supressed them. It took him a moment to regain his composure as he purposefully moved a stone with his foot, knowing it would catch her attention. He knew she was a warrior, with the alertness of a tigress.

She finally turned around, her soul less eyes capturing the scene, surprise and cunfusion bubbled up inside her but she supressed it. There were two sides of her battling inside her, one wanted to kill him, other was kind of glad to see him. 

He was wearing a black tuxedo , a white shirt underneath it , his chestnut hair messily hanging on his forehead , he looked so fine , she'd be damned. They both looked at each other dangerously , like a hungry animal to its prey , anger prominent in his eyes and hers. If looks could kill , they both would be six feet under. 

Both of their emotions were taking turns, fighting to come up but the only one that actually came up was anger.

Charles stood across the room, his posture relaxed yet exuding an aura of authority. He was a king in his own right, a man whose name struck fear into the hearts of even the most hardened criminals. But to Nyx, he was something else entirely—a reminder of a time long gone, a love lost to the treacherous currents of their shared world.

Their eyes met across the darkness, a silent collision of emotions that reverberated through the air like a thunderclap. There was no mistaking the intensity of their gaze, the raw hatred and betrayal that simmered beneath the surface.

For a moment, time seemed to stand still as Nyx and Charles locked eyes, each wordless exchange laden with a lifetime of memories. She saw the pain etched into his features, the shadow of regret that lingered in his dark eyes. And yet, despite the passage of years, the wounds he had inflicted upon her remained as fresh as the day they were first inflicted.

But Nyx was no longer the naive young woman who had once fallen under Charles's spell. She had forged herself anew in the crucible of their shared world, honing her skills and sharpening her instincts until she was as deadly as the blade she wielded.

AUTHORS NOTE-

HEY GUYSSS ,

im backkkk shhshshsh. SO YES I REALLY HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOY READING. Also tell me how you guys like this style of writing , i hope i have improved lol.