𝟎𝟎𝟖. 𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠

𝐍𝐨𝐰 𝐥𝐨𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠. . .

CHAPTER EIGHT: TILTED KING;

                     THE ANGER GAVIN EXPRESSED nearly shook the whole building.

How could this be? And why? Hadn't Gavin given every worker under his thumb the fairest of treatment? Didn't they enjoy their jobs?

Denpok, Gavin's spiritual advisor, stood before a confused Gavin. The call Gavin had late in the evening brought the calm and sly man to the doorsteps of Hooli. Whatever Gavin needed, Denpok provided with a fee, of course. And Gavin gladly paid to get the best advice possible.

"What's weighing on you, Gavin?" Denpok questioned in his South Asian accent, holding his hands before him.

"Jared Dunn quit today to join Pied Piper," Gavin tells him, brows wrinkled. "I hate Richard Hendricks, that little Pied Piper prick...." With a pause, Gaven breathed in. All of this negative energy is too much. "Is—is that wrong?"

"In the hands of a lesser person, perhaps. But in the hands of the enlightened, hate can be a tool to great change," Denpok spoke. Despite being such a holy figure, Denpok is nothing but that. The man is a fraud, saying what Gavin wants to hear to keep change in his pockets. And every time, it works.

Gavin lowers his shoulders, and he sighs in relief.

"You're right once again."

The pair placed their hands together in a praying position and pressed the sides of their hands against their foreheads. Both inhale and exhale to calm down the negativity in the room. At peace, Gavin lifts his head, looking up at the ceiling, knowing exactly what he must do.

***

The interviews with each member of Pied Piper felt awkward. Richard already knew the weaknesses and strengths of each individual within the house. It seemed pretty silly, but Jared insisted that these one-on-ones could be helpful for himself and the company's future. Each employee needed to be interviewed to ensure they could work and handle Pied Piper.

Gilfoyle and Dinesh were the first to receive their interviews. Bragging about what they could do and requesting to receive more equity over the other. But when it was Kit's turn, she wouldn't outdo the others. She wanted to be honest and straight to the point.

Walking into the kitchen, Kit noticed Richard sitting beside Jared. In front of Jared sat Kit's MacBook. Each file of the workers of Pied Piper is at the tip of his fingers.

When Kit reached the kitchen table, Jared raised from his chair, bumping his knee. Kit glanced at him as he awkwardly rubbed his knee.

"Jared, what are you doing?" Richard blinked.