5

Check if you've read the previous update before reading.
__________

(Knock Knock)

Sahana's point of view:

I startled at the knock on the door. The phone screen in my hand told me that it was 9 in the morning. Last night, I remember crying myself to sleep around 2. Aditya hadn't returned ever since he left last night.

(Knock knock)

Oh!! How foolish of me that I just forgot to attend the door since I was lost in my thoughts. Hmm.. must be him.

When I opened the door, I saw a somewhat familiar face but it wasn't the person I was expecting.

"Hi Sahana, remember me? I am Vishnu, Aditya's cousin.", He enlightened my knowledge, stopping myself from straining my brains. The same brain which betrayed me last night and put me into a dreadful situation.

"Helloooo..", Vishnu snapped me back to the present.

"Hi..", I passed a faint smile to him.

"I came to pick you up..", he said.

"Huh? A.. Adit..ya.. is not..", I stuttered but his words stunned me.

"Hmmm.. yeah, Aditya himself asked me to drop you off at his home.", Vishnu said.

"He asked you? Where is he?", I questioned him.

"Huh? What? Aren't you already aware?"

His puzzled look was now matching with mine.

"Aware of what?", I asked him.

"Hmmm.. well, I think we can speak about this later. We need to be home in another hour and a half, else I will have to face Suma aunty's wrath. Please freshen up and get ready quickly. I will wait for you downstairs at the reception.", He said without giving me the slightest hint.

I was curious to know the reason behind his absence but Vishnu was right, I have been instructed by Aditya's mother to be home by 11.

I quickly gave a nod and went to freshen up. Draping another beautiful traditional silk saree suitable for the welcome ceremony, I got ready.

Most of our luggage was already taken by his parents yesterday hence I packed the once left behind

Most of our luggage was already taken by his parents yesterday hence I packed the once left behind. Before I exit the door, I turned around to confirm if I've taken everything since I fear of losing any of my belongings.

When the lift door opened to the ground floor, Vishnu lifted his head from his phone and smiled at me.

"That was quick.", he praised grabbing the bag from my hand like a gentleman.

"Thanks", I smiled.

Unable to hold my curious mind, I decided to ask him about Aditya.

"Mr. Vishnu.."