4

Dad was the first one to break the silence while we ate dinner quietly. "So, how did you like school? Have you made any friends? He asked as he was taking seconds.

"Well, Ems and I have a few classes with a girl named Jessica. We did sigh her friends at lunch. And there's this boy, mike, who's very friendly. Every one seems pretty nice." With one outstanding exception.

"That must be mike newton. Nice kid—nice family. His dad owns the sporting goods store just outside of town. He makes a good living off of all the backpackers who come through here."

"Do you know the Cullen family?" I asked hesitantly.

"Dr. Cullens family? Sure. Dr. Cullens a great man." Dad told us.

"They...the kids...are a little different. They don't seem to fit in very well at school." Bella put in on I started drinking my water.

"Yeah, I mean, Edward Cullen, he keeps staring at me all throughout the day. I don't know wether to be flattered or concerned." I laughed a little. But what surprised me is dad surprised by looking angry.

"People in this town," he muttered. "Dr. Cullen I'd a brilliant surgeon who could probably work in any hospital in the world, makes ten times ghe salary he gets here," he continued getting louder. "We're lucky to have him —— lucky that his wife wanted to live in a small town. He's an asset to the community, and all of those kids are well behaved and polite. I had my doubts, when they first moved in, with all those adopted teenagers. I thought we might have some problems with them. But they're all very mature. I have had one speck of trouble from them." What dad said surprised me. He never talked that much really. Not to Bella and i anyways. We're not close with dad.

"They were nice to me. Alice, the pixie haired girl is in some of my classes she offered me to sit with them but i said no becuase I didn't want to make any of them uncomfortable." I told Bella and dad. Bella looked shocked because normally I would've told her, this time I didn't though.

"They're all very attractive." Bella added.

"You should see the doctor." Charlie said, laughing. "It's a good thing he's happily married. A lot of the nurses at ghe hospital have a hard time concentrating on their work with him around." I laughed at what dad had said. I mean sure carslile is attractive for a middle aged man.

After dinner was over Bella and I put our dishes in the sink. I got dads dishes and put them in there as well. I said good night, grabbed my homework and went up to my room. I fell asleep quickly, exhausted.

The rest of the week was uneventful. I got used to the routine of my classes. By Friday I was able to recognize, if not name, almost all the students at school. In gym, the kids in my team learned not to pass Bella the ball and making me step quickly in front of Bella if the ball was near her.

Edward Cullen did come back to school. Every day, I watched anxiously until the rest of the cullens entered the lunchroom without him.

Bella was getting worried about me. Constantly zoning out during different parts of the day. What she didn't know was that I was waiting for a certain someone to show their face back at school.

But all in all, I was feeling a lot comfortable than I had thought I would feel by this point. Sure I zone out but I'm comfortable. I'm not sure about Bella though.

"Wow," mike said. "It's snowing."

I looked at the little cotton fluffs that we're building up along the sidewalk and swirling erratically past my face. "Ew." Bella said. Right I forgot Bella hates the snow. Any cold weather really.

Mike looked surprised. "Don't you like snow?" He asked her. "Right I forgot to tell you. She hates snow, but I love it." I smiled at him.

she made a face, "No. That means it's too cold for rain. Besides I thought it was supposed to come down in flakes—you know, each one unique and all that. These just like the ends of Q-tips." Bella said all at once.