The Courier

Jamal had been working for Raj for a few months now, doing various odd jobs and errands to pay his way and have his protection. But his newest gig was something else entirely. Raj had offered him a job as a courier for one of his drug deals. The job paid well, but it came with its own set of risks that Jamal wasn't sure he was ready to take on.

"I don't want any part of that kind of stuff, Raj. You know that," Jamal said when he heard about the job.

"I know, but if you want out, it's just a one-time thing. Do it for me, and I will take extra care of you," Raj replied in a calm tone.

Although Jamal didn't know if he could trust Raj, he knew that it was his only chance to get out of the club business before It was too late. He agreed to take the job as a courier.

Raj's instructions were simple: deliver a package to a guy named Diego who would be waiting for him inside a small café in the downtown area of the city.

Jamal got the package, and he set out. From the moment he left the club, he felt like he was being watched. He had a gut feeling that something was not right, but with little choice left, he pushed his way forward. He had to complete the job and hope that everything would turn out fine.

As he walked through the busy streets, he kept an eye out for any signs of danger. He noticed that a group of men had been following him for some time. As he stopped to cross the road, they approached him.

"Hey," one of the men said, grabbing Jamal's arm. "Hand over that package."

Jamal knew he was in a bad situation. He had a choice to make, either cower in fear and surrender the package or fight for his life. With adrenaline rushing through his veins, Jamal decided on the latter option.

Using his past training, Jamal fought the men off, one by one, until they were on their knees, begging for mercy.

Jamal continued walking towards the small café, his heart pounding with each step. All the while, he hoped that Diego would be there, waiting for him.

As he arrived at the café, a man in a suit walked out. Jamal identified him as Diego from the photo Raj had shown him. Jamal handed him the package, shaking with relief.

But Diego seemed displeased, "You're late," he says as he grabs the package from Jamal's hands.

Jamal only held his breath waiting to hear if he had passed or failed the job. Diego opened the package, inspecting it carefully, deciding if it was worth the money he owed Raj.

Finally, after a few moments, Diego nodded his head, "Tell Raj we're good. You passed Jamal," he said before disappearing back into the café.

Jamal took a deep breath, relieved that he had completed his mission. But as he walked back to Raj's club, he knew deep down that he had crossed a new and dangerous line. He couldn’t help but worry what was going to be his next mission.