Wonderful (Brian x Al)

Brian could feel his heart hammering in his chest. He was finally going to do it this time, no matter what. Though he could feel his head spinning as Al's deep blue eyes found his own, Those lovely colors seemed to intensify the longer he looked.

He had to tear his eyes away eventually, to get himself prepared, of course.

"Listen, Al..." Brian started, his voice quiet and shy, "I gotta tell you somethin', man."

The younger's eyes were alert now, a flow of curiosity passing through them, "What is it, Bri?"

Here goes nothin, Brian thought as he took a deep breath. "I really dig you, y'know?"

He felt his heart flutter when Al smiled at him, "I dig you too, Brian."

That wasn't what I mean, the older winced slightly. He had half a mind to back out right now, by god he wanted to so badly, but he stood his ground. He'd been waiting far too long for this.

He took another shaky breath, "Not like that, not like that,"

Al raised an eyebrow, his face falling ever so slightly, "You don't dig me?"

"Oh, no- I mean yes! I mean-" Brian put his face in his hands with a groan, "I do dig you, Al, I really like you, you're really groovy and cool and nice and- oh I'm rambling, aren't I?"

He felt his confidence rise a bit when Al put a hand on his shoulder with a chuckle, "It's alright, Bri, I think it's really sweet of you to say that."

Brian shook his head, his voice dropping to a whisper, "I mean it in a different way than you think, Al."

The younger's expression softened, traces of curiosity still present but nonetheless overtaken by a more sympathetic look now, "What way do you mean, Bri?" He asked in a voice just as soft.

"Well... I..." Brian started, trying so desperately to figure out just how to explain this in a discreet way so he didn't have to say it outright. The longer he thought, however, he realized that if he wanted to show just how much he meant it, he would have to let actions speak rather than his jumbled mess of words. There would be time to explain afterwards.

He turned back to Al, finally meeting those beautiful cobalt hues again. He swallowed that lump in his throat, leaned forward, and pressed his lips onto Al's own.

Though it was only for a moment, it felt like an eternity. This millisecond had Brian feeling absolutely wonderful, 3 years and he'd finally done it.

As soon as it had begun, however, it was over.

Al's eyes were wide, staring right back at Brian as a blush started creeping on his face. It was a little awkward, but despite his initial reaction of wanting to stutter out a plea of an apology to him, Brian took a deep breath and held his gaze, "You really turn me on, man. You're just..." His stare fell to the floor, "...You're wonderful."

Every second of the younger's silence felt like daggers to him, but it wasn't too long afterwards that he felt Al squeeze his shoulder, and before he knew it, he was being pulled back into another kiss, one that really meant something this time. It was only a few seconds more than the last, but each moment was pure bliss. Al's arms looped around his neck and pulled him even closer, whilst Brian's settled on Al's waist and held him.

Afterwards Al had buried his face in the older's neck and muttered "Brian, oh Brian," as he hugged him tightly.

-

"I told you he'd do it!" Carl whispered to Dennis as they listened through the closed door, "You know what that means now, don't you, Denny?"

Dennis looked at his brother, "That Brian likes men?"

Carl frowned and rolled his eyes before holding out his hand with a raised eyebrow. Dennis huffed, reaching in his pocket and slapping a 5$ bill into the younger's hand, to which Carl gave him a smug smile, "How much do you wanna bet that they'll be together before tomorrow?"

"Oh, shut up."