Revenge

Steve

"What do you want, Steve?"

"I just want you."

"How can we? After everything? Maybe it's better this way. Pretending nothing ever happened."

"I don't want to pretend nothing happened. I want to take responsibility for everything, I want to find a way to be with you, even though you have every reason to hate me."

My mind wouldn't stop spinning. All I wanted to do was sleep, let me body and mind rest. But how could I?

With the constant reminder that I had failed Ava, over, over, and over again. My eyes opened slightly, staring into the dark room that Tony had saddled me with. The overhead clock's bright red numbers showed it was only a quarter after 3. Ever since we lost Ava, my nights were restless, riddled with guilt and failure.

Tony had sent the quinjet to collect Bucky and I earlier that day, and we would be briefed when we go in what the next steps would be. Leaving us in a hotel inside of New York, only a mile away from the Avengers compound.

They were going to tell me to stop looking for her.

They would tell me she was long gone because it had been 2 years.

But I refused to believe it.

She was somewhere in that ocean, alone and scared.

Rolling onto my side, I stared out the open window, watching the steady night, breeze blow the curtains open slightly. Sighing deeply, I jumped out of bed and slipped on sweats and a hoodie, decided to take a run by the New York harbor. The view of the Hudson River at night always relaxed me.

Slipping my cell phone into my pocket, I took the elevator down to the lobby floor, only to find it empty

Slipping my cell phone into my pocket, I took the elevator down to the lobby floor, only to find it empty. Not surprisingly, they were probably off cleaning or restocking the empty rooms.

Stepping outside, the cool breeze hit me, almost automatically relaxing me. I began to take a slow walk, building up to a jog, and then began to sprint. Of course, I ran faster than most people, just as fast as a car, but the sight of everything blurring right past me used to bring me comfort. But when I come to a stopping point, sadness washes over me.

After running 30 minutes, I stopped at the bridge that crossed over the Hudson river, walking across the bridge, I stopped dead center and leaned over the railing. Looking at the calming waters. The ripples going through the water brought back some awful memories.

Ave being pulled under the water, Bucky and I running after her and swimming. But no matter how hard we swam, she got pulled deeper and deeper into the ocean. I kept swimming, but Bucky stopped me. I fought him, trying to pull away, but he pulled me to the surface. I was pleased with me not to follow because I would drown.

Frustrated tears began to collect in my eyes, wiping them away angrily, I gripped the cold steel of the railing and let out a frustrating cry.

Ava...I'm so sorry, Ava.

Turning around, I began to walk back across the bridge, but a low bass humming began to ripple through the water. Stopping, I looked back over the railing and watched as the water began to move more violently.

Suddenly, a body flew out of the water, literally flew.

Following the body, I watched him land a few feet in front of me. The tall, dark man shook off the water, the light reflected off of his pointy ears and all the beaded jewelry he had wrapped around his neck.

"Mister Steve Rogers

"Mister Steve Rogers."

"Who are you?" My voice cold and on the defensive, the bad energy radiated off of this man. I had never seen him before, but something about him felt eerily familiar.

"I have many names. My people call me K'uk'ulkan, but my enemies call me Namor."

"What do you want?" Standing stiff and alert, Namor gave me a sadistic smile and began to walk circles around me. I had to be ready for whatever this man was going to pull.

"I have heard of the two faces of Steve. One where he would kill and rape villages, slaughtering hundreds of innocent lives and returning home like a noble soldier. And the other one, mournful, regretful, scared, timid."

"I don't know who the hell you are..." Namor cut me off by quickly invading my space till we were practically standing nose to nose. Not once did I let my stance falter.

"But standing here now, I only see one face. And he is a coward. That I why I have taken it upon myself to break you. First, I will break your heart, and then I will break you. Your woman made it so much easier for me."

My woman?

Ava.

Grabbing him by the beads crowding his neck , I pulled him in. All the anger I had been holding in for the past two years began to bubble to the surface.

"YOU have Ava?" The demand in my voice shook. All I wanted to do was to kill this man right here and now, but I needed to find her.

A cocky smirk spread across his face, his eyes glaring down at my hands.

"I am not sure what she sees in you. All I can see is a monster who slaughtered hundreds of innocent people."

A sharp pain shot through my heart, the faces of the lives I had taken under the influence of Hydra. Trying to stop myself every time but being unable to, hurting them, hurting Ava.

The moment my grip faltered, he took advantage and struck a blow right at the center of my chest. Sending me flying back till I landed in the water. Water began to fill my lungs as I swam to the surface, shooting out from the top, I looked for him, but he wasn't there.

"If you come for her, be prepared to die."

Looking up, I saw Namor hovering in the sky, small wings fluttering at his ankle sides.

What the hell.

And with that, he shot up further to the sky and disappeared.

Hello babies 😁 Are y'all ready for this because I don't think you're ready for this lol. Please remember to comment and vote ❤️❤️❤️ Also PSA: I am currently working 3 jobs so when I can I promise to write more and keep you on the edge of your seats 😁