Crying is lying

Ink Demon liked having Sammy around. That's why he cried. Crying brought the prophet to him - he loved it when the ink man covered him with a blanket. And then he sang. Yes. It was the best...

But sometimes he overdid it...

Even Sammy got sick of the demon sometimes. He could cry five times a day just to keep the prophet with him! Ink Demon loved watching Sammy. To look at his muscles, his body, and if he could, his face... he loved the eyes of a man. Those white dots on the black face... he was so beautiful... and even though his face wasn't visible... demon loved the man's smile. Call it obsession, but Ink would go into the vent just to look at him! Interesting fact - the demon had no idea it was love. He thought he just... liked it. That it's nothing wrong... and getting attention by crying...

It was a necessity.

And today, Ink Demon came up with what he thought was a brilliant plan. Yes, he'll cry and tell Sammy he'd like to kill himself. And the prophet will think he's depressed. "And then... then he will NEVER leave me!" thought the demon as he sat down in the corner. Yes - nothing hurt more than the memories. Within minutes, tears were streaming down his cheeks. Sammy was on his way! He buried his head in his legs to encourage him more and...

nothing.

Sammy didn't come. He kept walking with Gary and Carry... passing the demon.

Ink was... how to put it delicately... broke down.

After all... why?

He just wanted attention... Sammy saw him... why he passed him...

W-what's going on?!

Ink Demon wiped the tears from his face and escaped through the portal to his throne room. He leaned against the seat, dug his claws into it, then fell to his knees and vomited black goo. He had no strength. He didn't even know what he was exhausted by... just... his head and stomach ached... his vision was blurred... he crawled away from the puddle of vomit and fell to the ground, then closed his eyes until he fell asleep .

_-some time later-_

"Ink? Ink! INK YOU STUPID GET UP!"

The demon suddenly opened its eyes. they were burning him. His breathing was rapid, and REAL tears trailed down his cheeks.

"Come on, come on, breathe..." Alice's voice could be heard beside him. But his eyes did not see her. He stared at one place, focusing all his senses on what was happening around.

He felt an angel's hand on his side. She was gentle and slow - the demon felt her touch with his whole body. Alice... was different. She always had a dream to be beautiful... but she could see the world around her - she just had to have this moment. If you thought Ink Demon and Alice would hate each other - you're wrong. Well, they will argue, call names, even beat themselves to the blood ... but they are like siblings to each other. When the demon asked the angel why he felt this way around Sammy, her answer was always the same.

"In some percentage we resemble people, Ink. We feel emotions, touch, a breath of wind. Sometimes we also don't know why, when we hear about some murder, we sometimes feel sadness, regret ... anger. And so it is with feelings for another person. Take care of this feeling, try to understand it, and once you know what it is - don't be afraid to tell the world about it. Don't be afraid to shout it to Sammy's face. It's your feelings Ink. But you don't control them - they help you understand yourself."

Ink Demon was hugging Alice then. Yes, it helped him, he had the strength to know his feelings, his taste, touch, smell, hearing, sight, his body ... himself.

"Now tell me what happened. Just don't tell me you ate carrion again," said the angel, glancing towards the black puddle.

Ink smiled. Oh yes, he remembered that day.

"Oh, it wasn't that bad," he replied in a slightly hoarse voice.

"It wasn't that bad you say? You vomited for a mile! Henry said it was the weirdest, grossest, funniest cycle of his life! Your vomit was literally EVERYWHERE! No one could walk through these puddles!"

"And I didn't want to go to bed yet!"

"Exactly! You told me "no, it'll be fine" and then you threw up!"

After this short and hideous conversation, they both started laughing.

"Now seriously, what happened?" Alice patted the demon on the back.

"I... I don't really know. I was trying to get Sammy's attention... and he just walked past me. Then I ran out here, threw up and fell asleep..."

The angel helped him sit up.

"You've been crying again, haven't you?" Ink Demon nodded weakly, "Probably when Sammy wasn't paying attention to you, you didn't know what was going on yourself, but your body was under a lot of stress and it made you vomit, after which you had no strength."

The demon thought for a moment.

"Ink," said Alice. He looked at his supposed sister "You need to stop luring Sammy to you by crying. Apparently I'm not the only one who's had enough of this."

"W-what do you mean?"

"Sammy is your prophet, but he also has a life of his own that he may not include you in" that hurt a bit... "He calls you 'my lord' so he recognizes you officially. So as for living with friends - well, you're out."

"Then how am I supposed to get his attention?!"

"In the most normal way, just talk to him, not like some stalker, but a normal ... demon!"

"And... what if he rejects me?"

"You must be kidding," Alice snorted. "He's your loyal, devoted prophet! He won't turn you down for anything in the world!"

"Okay... okay! I'm coming!"

"Well, stick to it!" the angel helped him to his feet "And if you ever want to draw attention to yourself by crying again, remember these words - crying is lying."

Yes.

Crying is lying.

(Alice is the big sis now :3)