Chapter 60: More Karate Drama

*Amy's P.O.V*

After we left the bar, we got food from White Castle before going back to our grandma's house.

Amanda stayed with Jessica while I was with Sam and Anthony.

"I've been waiting for food all day." Anthony said as he started to eat some of his fries.

"We all were." I said as I ate some of my food.

I'm actually surprised by how I'm not tired of fast food. Since that's literally what Sam and I have been eating since summer vacation started.

"After the day we had, we definitely needed it." Sam joined in on the conversation.

I did feel a bit tired after today so I am ready to be in bed and possibly staying up late just texting Eli.

I can't help it if I miss my boyfriend so much.

"After what happened, I bet it'll be an interesting story to tell our dad when we get home." Anthony said.

"I'm sure Daniel would love to hear it." I said as I ate some more of my fries.

"If I'm honest..." Sam started to say, "I am worried about him. We have no idea what's going on with him and I want him to be okay."

I definitely understand what Sam is saying since I'm worried about my uncle too. How is he doing? Is he alright?

I don't want anything bad to happen to him.

"Maybe we can try to call him." Anthony suggested as he grabbed his phone and dialed his dad's number.

Sam and I waited patiently as Anthony put the phone on speaker.

The phone ranged.

And it ranged some more.

Then the call didn't happen. It just went straight to voicemail.

Sam, Anthony, and I shared looks with each other. We all thought that was weird because usually Daniel answers our calls.

"That was weird." Anthony said as he stared at his phone and tried to call his dad again.

And the same result happened.

What the hell is going on?

"What could he possibly be doing right now to make him not answer his call?" I asked, starting to get a bit more worried.

"He's probably busy with Chozen." Sam said, but she felt unsure. "But even if he was busy with Chozen, he would still take the time to answer the phone."

Sam has a good point. Daniel would've answered the phone whether he was busy or not.

"Does anyone have Chozen's number?" I asked.

"I do." Sam said as she went to contact Chozen.

Maybe he'll answer.

After two rings, he did.

"Samantha-San, hello."

"Hi, Chozen, I needed to ask you something." Sam said as she had the phone on speaker.

"Okay." He said.

"Do you know where my dad is? Is he with you?" Sam asked.

"No, your father isn't with me." Chozen said, "He went to do some errands. I'm still at your house."

"And how long ago was that?"

"About an hour ago. I thought for sure he would've been home already."

My eyes widened as I looked to Sam and Anthony who shared the same looks as me.