𝐢. 𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄

_______________________________________

𝐒HE WAS ABSOLUTELY PERFECT.

That was the only thought in the little girls mind as she looked at her hogwarts gift: a grey tabby kitten with green eyes.

She was starting her first year at Hogwarts, it was the week before she left. Her mother had decided it would be fit for both her and her brother to have a pet for their time away. Unfortunately unlike her, he wanted an owl.

"Oh come on! An owl is so much cooler than a cat," he tried to reason.

"But look at it Theo. Look into those eyes and say no to it." she huffed.

This wiped the smile right of her twin's face, as he bent down to look at the cat in her hands. He stared at it with a serious expression, looking straight into the eyes. There was a slight widening in his eyes as he smiled, making the little girl believe she'd convinced him.

Excitement started to enter her more so when Theo continued to look into the cat's eyes, and he reached and scratched behind it's ears.

"No."

Her smile immediately dropped.

He burst out laughing as he stared at her expression, "I- You- your face- I-"

Amaya glared at her older twin, not finding it one bit hilarious. She only become more mad when he bent over clutching his stomach from laughter.

A hand was placed around her shoulder, "Don't worry Maya, I'll get it for you all out of the kindness of my heart," James Potter smiled down at her.

"Kindness?" Theo snorted. "The infamous James Potter doing something without expecting a favour in return?"

"Hey! Can I not get the 'sister I wish I had' a gift to cheer her up?"

"What about the 'brother you never had'?" The little boy questioned back.

"Stop being a spoiled brat Theo." Amaya chastised her older twin, "go pay for the kitten Jamie, and be quick. I want you to get me a new set of quills and ice cream after this."

"Oh yes I'M the spoiled brat," her brother chuckled at her. Theo picked out his owl, and headed with James towards the cashier.

A few minutes later the trio were walking together, heading towards 'Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour' in the busy street. Amaya held her new kitten in her hands, thinking of a name when -unknown to her- James and Theo shared a sly look.