𝐢. 𝐒𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠

THE FIRST NIGHT BACK WAS ALWAYS her favourite for many reasons.

For one, it was the feeling of everyone being together. They would spend the night together in the boys' dorm, laughing, telling jokes, eating sweets, messing around and ultimately falling asleep in a pile.

Amaya laughed watching Regulus chase Barty to beat him with his book for touching some of his potion ingredients.

She sighed contently, as she leaned her head on Theo's shoulder and he placed his arm around her holding her protectively

Theo looked at his baby sister, his eyes softening. "You okay pumpkin head?"

In return she rolled her eyes and shoved him, "I hate you Dora"

"Oi, Maya, you wanna help me prank the teachers?" Barty asked, looking excited.

"You know one day, they'll figure out it's you two and you'll get in trouble for it," Theo reprimanded.

"But it's our tradition!" Amaya and Barty whined together

Theo just laughed at the two, as Regulus sat down and took Maya from him. Her brother, Theo, glared at the boy but left a kiss on Amaya's head as he stood to go grab more sweets.

Suddenly, Evan burst through the door.

"Evan there you-" Barty began, only to be cut off.

"Don't talk to me right now, I'm savouring the moment," Evan said as he dragged his feet towards the bed and dramatically fell on it.

Amaya left Regulus' arms and sat next to her best friend on his bed. She ran her fingers gently through his hair, to which he looked at her with gratefulness.

"What happened Ev?" She asked.

Sighing, he placed a hand on his heart. "She happened."

"What Dorcas finally noticed you?" Theo laughed.

"Let me guess, did she say 'oh Evan you're the hottest man I've ever seen go out with me please' ", Barty mocked.

Evan threw a pillow at Barty and glared at him, "actually, she bumped into me."

"She bumped into you, that's all?" Regulus laughed at him.

"You know what? I'm not gonna tell you guys if you keep making fun of me."

"Please don't, we've heard you drone on about her long enough before," Theo said.

"Okay that's-"

"Tell me Ev, what happened?" Amaya smiled at him.

This led to an hour long drone over how much he in love with her and how he's had the best experience of his life. All Dorcas had to do was bump into him and place her hand on his shoulder, and here Evan was hopelessly in love.

Was it really that simple? Amaya thought as she glanced over at Regulus, who was laughing with her brother.

"And then she said 'sorry darling'. Darling!" Evan droned on.

"You do realise she's in the year above you Evan," Barty reminded.

"So?"

"Sooo she's never even going to consider you as an option."

Evan glared at him, "Just because you can't be with-"

He was cut off though, as Barty jumped on him and covered his mouth.

"With who huh?" Theo asked.

"No one." Barty answered before Evan could.

"Oh really?" Regulus probed, to which Barty nodded frantically.

The boys shared one look before all jumping ontop of Barty, causing him to scream at the top of his lungs.

"My face! My precious face!"

"Hold him down boys!" Theo shouted over him as Amaya grabbed her lipstick.

"No! Let me go you monsters," He screamed as Maya drew on his face with the lipstick.

At that moment, the door opened and in walked Pandora causing everything to pause for a second.

"What are you all doing?" She sighed, exhausted of the boys already.

"Drawing on Barty's face," Amaya replied.

"Pandora, my lovely lovely Pandora. Please save me," Barty begged still struggling to get out of his friends' grasp.

"Are you kidding me? I want in. Maya pass me the eyeliner."

"Pandora how could you," Barty glared at her.

"Oi she's my sister, she's obviously going to take my side," Regulus laughed at him.

The rest of the night was spent laughing, talking, eating sweets and multiple pillow fights.

Being a Slytheirn had its priviliges, like larger beds compared to other houses.

Therefore it was easy to cram into one bed and fall asleep in a jumble of bodies. Pandora had her feet over Barty's legs, Amaya hugged close to Regulus' chest, Theo on the other side of Barty and Evan at the foot of the bed.

All of them together.

Happy.

Just like it had been for every holiday before. Just like it would be for the rest of Hogwarts. As long as they had eachother.