𝐢. 𝐌𝐮𝐠𝐠𝐥𝐞 𝐂𝐡𝐨𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞

THE SILENCE WAS BECOMING OVER-WHELMING for Remus Lupin, as he sat alone in the library.

It was two minutes past the time they'd agreed to meet. His nerves rose more with every passing second. What if she wasn't going to show?

What if she decided that he wasn't worth her time? What if she-

His spiral was cut off as the sweet voice he'd grown fond of filled his ears.

"Sorry for being late, I bumped into the Prewett twins on my way over," Amaya apologised as she took the seat next to him.

"No worries, I began to think that you um you ditched me," he laughed nervously.

Amaya just laughed as she took her books out, causing Remus' heart to speed up. He made her laugh. HE made her laugh.

She opened her charms book and took out her wand, "I was wondering if you could help me with the patronus charm?"

"Isn't that a seventh year spell?"

"I like to study ahead Lupin."

"You've barely begun your 5th year Nott," he retorted back.

"Are you saying you can't do it Lupin?" she raised an eyebrow at him.

Remus scoffed in return, as he took his wand and casted his patronus. A real body patronus.

Amaya's eyes widened in amazement as the wolf danced around the sky, before coming and nuzzling against her leg. The glow in her eyes as she looked at his patronus made his heart swell in pride.

But when she turned to look at him with that spark still there and respect glowing from her eyes?

At this moment Remus Lupin knew he was undeniably falling in love.

"Uhm- it will uh take more than a uh a lesson to learn the um the charm so-" he felt like he couldn't make full sentences at that moment.

"That's fine...what if we meet up 3 times a week, after dinner?" Amaya offered.

"What- whatever works for um for you," he smiled at the thought of spending more time with her.

As the evening wore on the two learned more about eachother. Maya learned that Remus' favourite chocolate was a muggle one called Galaxy and Remus learned Amaya's favourite spell was (worryingly) one far too similar to the imperious curse.

It was nearly time for curfew when the two finally noticed how dark it was.

"I've got to go, my brother and friends will kill me if I'm back late," Amaya immediately started packing her things away.

"Yeah of course sorry, um, would- would you like me to uh to walk you to your um your common room?"

Amaya smiled at his sweetness, she felt something in her flutter at his blush and found herself unable to deny those chocolate eyes.

"I think I'd like that."

He smiled down at her, his eyes looked gentle. She felt herself blushing, her head turning to face the floor.