• "u missed it."

Y/N

today was a big day, well not for everyone but for my family. it was my nieces second birthday. it was being hosted at my uncles house, I decided to arrive a bit early to help set up and watch the twins while we set up for their party.

as I pulled into the drive way I grabbed my wallet, my keys and the gifts out of the back of my car. I locked it and walked into the house. as I opened the door I was swarmed with the dogs , and my nieces. I smiled and bent down dropping my things engulfing the girls into a big hug before petting the dogs.

I walked over and put everything onto the table before asking what needed to be done, I just needed to get the girls dressed. I grabbed their outfits and changed the both of them. once I finished we watched a bit of tv before everyone else got there.

" jj, where's vin? " my little cousin asked. he absolutely loved vinnie. vinnie was supposed to be here early, around the time I got here, yet it had been almost an hour since then.

" he'll be here soon bud. " I said , by now everyone was here except vinnie. which kinda made me upset so I decided to call him. as the phone rang it just kept ringing, and ringing, and ringing. no answer. I sighed and tried again. and again. no answer. okay seriously what the hell where is he?.

VINNIE

I pulled my head phones off as I just finished a match in cod. I groaned and grabbed my phone just to check it, I unlocked it and noticed seven missed calls from y/n. that's odd? I checked my texts seeing multiple notifications from her there as well.

my wife. 😍🤍
_____________

y/n
vinnie where the fuck are you?

y/n
everyone's asking where you are it's getting embarrassing.
the twins already had their cake and opened presents.

y/n
you missed everything pretty much.

y/n
I hope what you're doing is REALLY fucking important.

vinnie
I'm so sorry. I'm on my way.

_____

I knew I fucked up. I instantly grabbed my hoodie and threw it on knowing it was chilly outside. I slid my air forces on and ran out the door. I got in my car and drove straight to y/n's uncles house. I can't believe I forgot the twins birthday was today. y/n had been talking about it all week. hell she even cried a few days ago about it because she hates to see them grow up.

i don't know if she's gonna forgive me for this one, i have to make it up to her. luckily the twins are still young so they don't know I missed it but I can never EVER let this happen again. as I pulled into the subdivision I could see the balloons on the mailbox, the big bouncy house out front. and everyone outside.

I parked and got out of the car, y/n was in the bouncy house with all of the kids, her babies as she calls them. her little cousins david and caroline and her nieces, henley and harlyn. she was playing with them. god she's so good with kids. I snapped out of it remembering I messed up and needed to fix it.

" hey bro what's up. " y/n's brother said to be before dapping me up. I gave everyone else hugs and stuff before walking back to y/n, she was getting out of the bouncy house with caroline. she had her in her arms as she walked back into her uncles house.

" hey baby, can we talk real quick? " I asked she rolled her eyes and walked to the guest room, which I assumed meant yes. so I followed her like a lost puppy until we got there. she sat down on the bed and kept caroline in her lap.

" listen , I'm really sorry. I don't know how I forgot I know how important this was to you. and it's important to me too. I love you and the babies and I wanna fix this and I don't know how and I'm sorry please forgive me. " I said. I watched her face as she still looked pissed off.

" how about we celebrate tomorrow, we can pick them up and take them to play somewhere and then take them to the store to pick out some toys and we'll buy them lunch, I'll pay. " I said , she then smiled a little. there's my baby.

" fine, but you better never. EVER. do this again or I swear vinnie we will for real fight. " she said , I nodded before grabbing caroline from y/n and we walked out of the guest room.

thank god I have an understanding girlfriend is all I have to say .