Chapter 5: Queen Anne's Revenge

——————————🏴‍☠️——————————

Jack snored away in his hammock, gently rocking back and forth, until someone came along and shoved him out of the hammock and onto the floor.

"Show a leg, sailor!"

"Aye, sir." Jack replied. Then he furrowed his brows in confusion. "What?"

...

"There's been a mistake." Jack told the man behind him, who was the man from the pub. "I'm not supposed to be here."

"Many a man's woken up at sea, no idea what, when, wherefore or why. No memory of the night before whence he signed up and drank away all his bonus money."

"No, no, no. You don't understand mate. I'm Captain Jack Sparrow. The original. The only." Jack explained.

"Scrum, and the pleasure's all mine." He introduced. "Now keep moving."

This didn't make any sense. How did he get here? The last thing he remembered was escaping the soldiers and (Y/n)...Jack's eyes widened. (Y/n)! She had been shot.

Jack stopped in his tracks and turned back to Scrum. "Wait, wait. I'm looking for a woman."

Scrum laughed. "Ain't we all." He replied, pushing Jack along.

...

Jack and Scrum were below deck, mopping the floors.

"Scrum." Jack whispered. "Have you seen a woman aboard the ship? The woman I was at the pub with. The one with (h/c) hair and (e/c) eyes?"

Scrum shook his head. "Sorry mate, I haven't. But if she is here, she'll be working on the ship somewhere."

Jack nodded and immediately began looking around for her, when he saw some of the sailors building something out of glass.

"Why is there a glass coffin?"

Scrum smiled. "Do I look like the man in charge?"

"Where am I?" Jack asked.

"Excuse me, Captain Sparrow sir, I be right honored to welcome you aboard our work renowned vessel of infamy, Queen Anne's Revenge."

Jack's eyes widened in horror. "Blackbeard."

...

Jack and Scrum were busy scrubbing the deck when a big muscular man with scars and white eyes whipped another sailor, ordering him to work.

"He's a curious one." Jack commented.

"He's been zombified." Scrum told him.

"Eh?"

"Zombified." Scrum repeated. Blackbeard's doing. All the officers are the same. Makes em more compliant."

Jack looked around the deck for any signs of (Y/n), but so far, he hasn't seen her at all. He refused to believe she was dead. She couldn't be dead. He couldn't lose her.

...

Jack and Scrum were pulling ropes to heave up the sails.

"Five days away, at least." Jack guessed

"Aye. You can tell that by the smell of the sea?"

"By the smell of the crew."

Jack looked up and saw a young man tied up to the mast.

"Oi. What did that poor sod do? And how can I make sure to not?" He asked.

"Him? Churchy fellow. Always going on about the Lord Almighty."

"Bible-thumper on this ship?"

"A missionary is his story. What I heard was he got captured in a raid. Rest of the ship got killed but not him. First mate wouldn't let it happen on account of his premier standing with the Lord. A first mate sticking her neck out for some prisoner. That you don't see." Scrum explained.

"'Her?'" Jack repeated. "First mate is a 'her?'"

"Back to work!" An official yelled.

Jack scurried to get back to work, but paused when he noticed something. Angelica was standing by the wheel, looking over the railing at the crew, dressed completely like a pirate.

Jack narrowed his eyes in anger at her. If she hadn't knocked him out, he would've been able to help (Y/n). She knows what happened to her.

...

Angelica made her way below deck, when Jack grabbed her by the arm and pushed her up against a pillar with a hook to her neck.

"You are a ruthless, soulless, cross-grained cur." Jack insulted.

"I told you I had a ship." Angelica said.

"No, Blackbeard has a ship, upon which I am now imprisoned." Jack corrected.

"We can do this Jack. The Fountain of Youth, like you always wanted." She whispered.

"Actually, what I really want right now is to know what you did with (Y/n). Where is she? If you left her for dead I swear I'll—."

"She's alive, Jack." Angelica interrupted. "She's alive and on the ship, asleep in my cabin. I convinced the Captain to have the Quartermaster remove the bullet and fix her wounds."

"Why would I believe that Blackbeard, Edward Teach, the pirate all pirates fear, resurrector of the dead in his spare time, would listen to you, eh? He listens to no one."

"Maybe to his own daughter?"

Jack removed the hook from her neck and looked very confused. "Daughter as in...beget by?"

"Long lost, recently found. Who loves her dear papa with all her soul."

"He bought that?"

"I sold that. You should be thanking me Jack. If it were not for my influence, Blackbeard never would have kept her on the ship." Angelica pointed out.

Jack narrowed his eyes. "Then it's the Fountain of Youth for him. Or him and you, not you and me, and not (Y/n)."

"No, Jack. That's the best part. He'll be dead." Angelica revealed.

"Ah. You'll be handling that part yourself, then?" Jack asked.

"There is a prophecy. Maybe you don't believe in the supernatural." Angelica whispered.

Jack shook his head. "Oh, no, no, no. I've seen a thing or two."

"The prophecy is this: Blackbeard will meet his death within a fortnight at the hands of a one-legged man. That's why he needs the Fountain Jack."

Angelica pushed Jack away from her and went back above deck, giving Jack a lot to think about.

——————————🏴‍☠️——————————