Chapter 8: Failed Proposal

——————————🏴‍☠️——————————

(Y/n) slowly made her way up the stairs to the main deck. Her side still hurt a bit, but she was getting more used to walking with it. As soon as she got up the steps, music started playing.

She looked around in confusion, but smiled when she saw Jack sitting on a cannon with Scrum playing guitar behind him.

"'Ello love...Come. Little drink?" Jack reached inside the cannon and pulled out a bottle of wine.

(Y/n) raised her eyebrow. "Wine, music, candlelight, I can only guess what the occasion is."

Jack picked up two cups and held his arms out. "Does a man need a reason to spoil his lady?" He asked, as he tossed her a cup.

The truth was, Jack wasn't doing this for no reason. He was going to use this opportunity to propose to her. Of course, the location wasn't ideal, but with her getting shot and almost dying, and Blackbeard threatening to kill them, Jack decided it was better late then never. Although, he did try to make it as special as possible, hence the wine and music.

"I thought it with the looming threat of death hanging over us, it'd be nice to take a moment and celebrate everything we've been through together. The winding, twisting and turning, gyrating, writhing. Incessant writhing." He whispered.

He popped off the cork of the bottle and poured some wine in his cup.

"You recall, Davy Jones' Locker, Shipwreck Cove, the little island where Turner mutinied against us...Shipwreck Cove again...actually Shipwreck Cove several times." Jack listed with a smirk.

(Y/n) playfully rolled her eyes. "You know we've had plenty of other memories together before all of that right?"

Jack nodded as he poured his wine into her cup. "Aye, but in all of those other adventures you had your clothes on."

(Y/n) gaped at him, and lightly shoved his shoulder. "Jack!"

"Was I the first? I often wondered..." Jack teased, not bothered by her shoving him.

(Y/n)'s face felt warm and she looked down into her cup a little embarrassed. "Actually, you were." She muttered.

Jack still heard her, and his eyebrows raised in surprise. "Really?" He asked with a big grin. "You mean no one but me has seen and heard the wondrous things that I have seen and heard? Ooh, I love that."

(Y/n) shrugged sheepishly. "What can I say? All the other men I met weren't you. I hate to admit it but you can be very charming when you want to be."

Jack placed his hands on her waist and pulled her close. "I knew it. I knew you couldn't resist me irresistible charms." He bragged.

(Y/n) chuckled. "As charming as you are Jack, I can tell you have something you want to tell me, which leads me to believe that all of this..." she gestured to the romantic setting around them "...isn't just because."

He hummed. "Perceptive as always. You're right. I do indeed have to tell you something."

Jack opened his mouth to tell her the speech he had planned in his mind, but all of a sudden, having her in front of him, looking into her beautiful eyes, he suddenly grew very nervous and his mind went blank.