kokichis request

Rantaros pov

"Ok kokichi" I leaned against the wall outside after walking behind him in silence for the last ten minutes "what did you call me out here for?"

He looked around suspiciously before leaning in and whispering "I found out where the key led to"

"The motive key you snatched from monokuma" I snapped to attention "tell me everything"

"Well what I saw wasn't pretty" he sighed "I searched around the place for hours until I found a locked door. I decided to give it the shot and found... our home in ruin"

"What?" I stumbled back in shock. Our home has been destroyed? How? Why? What have we forgotten!?

"I think it's pretty clear what monokuma's goal was" kokichi narrowed his eyes "show us the outside world to have us overcome with despair and eventually be driven to murder"

"How can you be so calm" I muttered shakily "this is our home. The only thing we had left to fight for!"

"We don't know if the mastermind was being entirely honest" kokichi muttered "this could have just been a fabrication. We need more information"

"Alright I'll get ryoma and-"

"No!" He cut me off "you can't tell anyone else"

"Why not?" I raised an eyebrow.

He began to fumble with his hands, his eyes glued to the ground "I can't trust anyone else. Please ran your the only one I can rely on"

"Kokichi" my gaze softened. I was touched by how much faith he had in me. I patted his head with a gentle smile "ok then, let's think of a plan"