losing hope

Rantaros pov

We picked miserably at our food. How could we not be miserable? Our hope of getting out of this place was tarnished. At last my memories of that girl were clear. She was my little sister. One of many and I'm never going to see her again.

"Hey maki" himiko tugged at makis sleeve "could you kill me? Being an assassin you'll be able to make it painless right"

Maki flinched as if being pulled out of a trance before turning to himiko "yes I could but are you sure that's what you really want?"

"I don't have anything else to live for" her eyes filled with tears.

Angie slammed her palms on the table. For the first time since I met her she seemed angry "look at you all wallowing away. Atua would be most disappointed"

"Not is not the time for your atua cra-"

"We are humanity's last hope yes?" She cut me off with a smile "should we act more like it?"

"The cultists right" ryoma sighed "someone put the fate of humanity in a guy like me. And to think I wanted to die this whole time. I feel pretty lame right now. Regardless I don't plan on giving up anytime soon"

"Me neither!" Himiko said firmly. The others chanted in agreement. I looked around the room with a proud smile. Despite our hopeless situation everyone's still fighting side by side. Maybe for once I could fight for more than just my own survival...

"Hey has anyone seen kokichi and kaito?"