Chapter 5

Craig slowly reads through the contract and signs it.

Tweek tilts his head, "Did you give it enough thought? You signed pretty fast."

"I don't really have much to lose. My life was pretty boring."

He hands the paper to the doctor and approaches Tweek. "He says you're gonna show me around. Let's go."

"Alight. I'll see you later doctor."

They both leave the office and start walking up the stairs.

"I'm taking you to meet the team. They're all on our floor working on our next attack."

"Attack?"

"Yeah. Everyone who has been transformed into a superhuman had it done in one of 10 American labs. The foundation goal is to take every one of them down. So far we've gotten one. That's what got us all this attention. Now that the scientists are aware of us, they are hiring protection so it's harder to get to them."

"Oh. Which one did you take down?"

"They called themselves Tero. It's the facility I was transformed at. Do you remember what yours was?"

"I think it's Zen or something."

"Ah, yes. Our teams cyborg was transformed there too. If you two talk to each other about it maybe you can get enough info for a lead."

"By the way, can you tell me how you have so much money now?"

"Yes. We have backing from the American government. They want the facilities taken down but they can't make it public because it's too dangerous."

"Really? And here I thought the politicians didn't care about us."

"Most of them don't, but enough do care so we have backing."

They reach team A floor. It's a bit empty. A few offices and some receptionists.

"Where is everyone?"

"Probably in a meeting. Let's get you introduced to the team."

Tweek opens a door to a room with three people.

"Hey guys. This is the new guy. His name is Craig. Super Craig. He's a brutalist with some pretty impressive abilities. Introduce yourselves."

A girl with long black hair happily stands up, "Welcome! My name is Wendy, alias Call Girl. I'm a regular strategist. Expert hacker. Nice to meet you, brutalist!"

"Likewise."

Then a dark skinned boy raises his hand, he has a robotic arm. "My name is Tolkien. Also known as Tupperware. I'm a cyborg and I do long range attack."

Then the last boy, short with black hair and yellow sunglasses speaks. "And I'm Stan. Tool shed is my code name. I do repair and support."

Craig nods at all of them. "Okay. Good to meet you all. Uh, I punch really hard."

Tweek steps in. "He can control anger and amplify his physical strength ten fold."

The team nods and smiles at him.

Tolkien stands up and puts his robotic arm on Craigs shoulder. "Thanks for joining us, we were lacking on power. Tweek here was going crazy trying to organize our load outs."

Craig turns to Tweek. "Happy to help."