Chapter 66

Dr. Timothy lets team A have a break. They spend the next month preparing for Tolkiens funeral. He wasn't the most famous member of the team, but he was still a public figure. All members were asked to speak at the funeral because they were the closest thing to family that Tolkien had left.

Craig is sitting at his desk in his room. He is staring at a blank sheet of paper with a pencil next to it.

His front door opens and he turns his head. "Back already?"

Tweek closes the door behind him, "Yeah. There wasn't much to talk about in the meeting since our team is on a break. How's the speech going?"

Craig looks back down at the paper, "Still nothing... Is everyone else finished with theirs?"

"Yeah. Stan just finished his."

"I just can't think of what to say... He was my best friend but I still can't think of what to say."

"That might be why it's so hard for you." Tweek gently wraps his arms around Craig's shoulders from behind. "You were closest to him at the time, it's bound to be hard for you to sort your thoughts into words. If you want I can help."

"How?"

Tweek sits on the bed facing the desk, "Just tell me about him. All your favorite things. We can sort your thoughts out in real time."

"Okay... we both came from the same facility. I hadn't known him back then. But we both escaped and were brought together to take it down. That was his dream. He wanted to set free all his friends and put an end to the evil. And he did. He sacrificed himself to take down what had stolen his normal life and the lives of so many others. I have no doubt in my mind that he saved countless lives, including the life of my own mother. He was an amazing friend and teammate."

Tweek blinks a few times, almost speechless. "Craig that was perfect."

"Was it? It's not too much?"

"Yes! That's the most beautiful thing I've heard. Write it down!"

Craig smiles. "Okay." He picks up his pencil, but pauses. "Tweek?"

"Yes, honey?"

"Thank you."

Tweek smiles and tilts his head, "Of course."

Once Craig finishes the speech he goes to the bed and kisses Tweek. "Do you want to go out for dinner?"

"I thought you didn't want to go out because you were feeling depressed still..."

"Yeah, well I'm in a better mood now thanks to you. What do you say?"

"Okay, let's do it."