one

Pix paused, staring ahead at the boundary that supposedly lead to Platform 9 and 3/4. "Are you... sure we just run at it?" He queried, glancing down at his caged owl, Winchester, who was screeching loudly, before looking sideways at his sister, who laughed.

"I'm sure! Mother said so." Shelby added with a huff. "Although whether that's a reason for disbelief or belief, I do not know." She said, grinning as she fell backwards into what appeared to be a solid column with what could only be described as grace, vanishing in an instant.

"Oh, she- okay then. Brace yourself, buddy." The bespectacled brunette added in a mutter to Winchester, who let out an indignant squawk as Pix closed his eyes and ran at the barrier. He skidded to a halt almost a few seconds later, opening one eye slowly (and just in time to see Shelby scramble to her feet as if she hadn't just fallen over). "Oh! I didn't break a bone!"

"I think I did." Shelby muttered, before glancing sideways at the train. "Come on! We need to go find somewhere to sit! I wonder if first years are allowed in the Slytherin compartment? Maybe we need to be sorted first."

"And why would we want to go there?" Pix asked, mildly alarmed. He stared intently at his twin sister, ignoring the odd looks he was receiving as Winchester continued to screech loudly. "You aren't hoping for Slytherin, right? Mother will kill us if we're anything but Ravenclaw or Gryffindor." The blue-eyed boy added.

Shelby rolled her eyes. "Slytherin gets a bad rep, man. I think I'd quite like to be a Slytherin. I am very cunning and ambitious, after all." She added with a grin that could only be described as smug. "Don't worry though, you're a nerd, I'm sure you'll get into Ravenclaw." His yellow eyed companion reassured him.

Pix let out a non-commital, "Hm," glancing away from Shelby as a very odd-looking boy approached them.

He had curly dirty blonde hair and cracked glasses perched on his nose. The corner of his lips appeared to be constantly curled into the beginnings of a smile, giving him a permanent mischievous look, he was wearing a tattered red sweater that had definitely seen better days, and, weirdest of all, he had a colourful parrot perched on his shoulder.

"Uh- excuse me, do you have any owl treats? Or just... bird treats, brackets general?" The boy queried.

"I... don't think so. Sorry. Why, if you don't mind me asking?" Pix asked curiously, glancing at the dirty blonde's pockets, which appeared to be practically overflowing with said owl treats.

"So you can give some to your owl, it won't stop screeching." He glanced at Winchester inquisitively. "Why is your owl blue, out of curiosity?"

"Oh, uh- his previous owner was a jerk who dyed his feathers blue." Pix said bluntly. "And, yeah- can I... borrow an owl treat or two?"

"Sure." The boy in the red sweater paused for a moment, stuffing his hands into his pockets before producing a handful of owl treats. He tossed one into Winchester's cage, smiling as the owl let out a cheerful chirp and began eating the treat. He then stuck his other arm out, scattering a few treats on the sleeve and grinning as his parrot started pecking some of them. "What's his name?" The dirty blonde added, jabbing his free finger in the direction of Pix's owl.

Pix glanced sideways as Shelby wandered away before looking back at Winchester. "Uh- Winchester. What's your... parrot called?"

"Professor Beak!" The other boy said with a toothy grin. "Oh- speaking of names, I forgot to introduce myself. Grian H. Dreamslayer, at your service." The other young wizard added with a dramatic half-bow that sent Professor Beak off balance as the bird straightened itself with a series of wing flaps and startled squawks. "Oh, sorry, PB."

"My name's... Pixl. Riffs-Shubble. But please just- call me Pix." He added with an awkward laugh, wincing slightly.

"Oh, cool! Nice name! But yeah- I'm Grian. Not crazy bird boy." Grian added, whipping his head around to glare fiercely at a scarred brunette their own age who was giggling and talking to a very tall boy with black hair.

"That is... duly noted." Pix said with a small nod, his gaze flicking briefly to two people (a tall brunette with a thick accent and splashed of green face paint, and a shorter brunette wearing... fake dog ears and sunglasses?) conversing loudly nearby. "I'm gonna go find a compartment now. It was nice meeting you."

Grian nodded, glancing sideways as Professor Beak hopped back onto his shoulder before grinning and shaking any remaining treats off of his arm. "Agreed. Bye, dude!" He turned away, walking towards the pair that he had glared at before. He seems nice. A bit... odd, but nice nonetheless. Hope we're in the same house. Which will hopefully be Ravenclaw.

Pix jumped slightly, nearly letting go of his trolley, as someone tapped him on the shoulder. "Dude! Compartment time!"
He spun around to see Shelby grinning at him. "All the good seats will be gone, let's go." He nodded.

It took them a little over ten minutes for them to find a compartment, first getting rejected when Shelby attempted to go into one of the Slytherin compartments (which was so embarrassing that Pix wanted to crawl into a hole and die, actually) before finally finding a compartment that was empty apart from two boys- a boy with blonde hair and some sort of instrument strapped to his back, and a brunette with light blue eyes and a scar across one of his eyes.

Pix nodded awkwardly at the pair as he sat down opposite from them, the brunette waving back as Shelby sat next to her brother. Wow, is having scars just a first-year thing or...? He thought briefly back to the very scarred brunette Grian was annoyed with. Huh.

He glanced out of the window, sighing. God, I hope I'm in Ravenclaw. Mother will kill me if not.

First chapter wooo

This book will prob just be vibes and no plot tbh

Also expect large timeskips (maybe even over entire summer holidays or something, we will be doing all seven years in one book probably, it'll just be a long book) oki:D

Also yeah Pix and Shelby are twins :D

Idk what their 'sibling duo' name (like Roseblings or Seablings, etc.) would be tho, I was thinking Bookblings/Booklings

Same for Gem and Sausage idk about sibling duo name for them

No proof reading wooo 😎😎😎 I am lazy