three

The Sorting, for Martyn, was rather boring.

He was somewhere in the middle of the list, so he had just enough time to worry about being in the wrong house and just enough time to giggle afterwards at the reactions of others.

The blonde was wondering what house he'd be in as many names were called.

"Froslan, Iskall." "RAVENCLAW!"

"Goblands, FWhip." "GRYFFINDOR!"

"Goodtimes, Scar." Funnily enough, Scar did have a lot of scars. "GRYFFINDOR!" Lot of Gryffindors so far.

"Graceffa, Joey." "SLYTHERIN!"

"Hills, Joe." "GRYFFINDOR!" And another one. Martyn shot an intrigued glance at Joe, who had long brown hair with very noticeable green streaks of dye that one of the teachers was frowning at.

"Jumbo, Mumbo." "RAVENCLAW!"

"Knight, Wels." "GRYFFINDOR!" Another one, really?

"Lab, Etho." "RAVENCLAW!" Martyn giggled slightly under his breath as the white haired boy frowned. Oh, he does not look happy. The blue eyed boy thought to himself as he watched Etho sit at the Ravenclaw table.

Finally, it was Martyn's turn.

"Littlewood, Martyn." Walking up to the front of the room and sitting down on the stool was slightly more nerve-racking than Martyn had anticipated, but it wasn't that bad (at least he wasn't like that poor Gryffindor kid who nearly fell off the stool).

Martyn blinked as the hat was placed on his head. After a few moments of silent debate, the hat shouted out, "SLYTHERIN!" Martyn had to hold on firmly to the edge of the stool to not fall off. Okay, I take it back, that kid wasn't overreacting at all, he thought to himself as he got up and walked over to the Slytherin table.

As he did so, he was aware of glares from pretty much all the other houses. Huh? The blonde ignored them, sitting next to Cleo, who glanced at him with an unreadable expression before looking back at the Sorting.

Martyn only payed attention to a handful of the other Sortings, wanting to get the meal over with and start working to becoming the best wizard ever (which he was going to be, because he was awesome).

"Riffs-Shubble, Pixl." A brunette with dark blue eyes and cracked glasses stumbled forward, muttering something to a girl with the same coloured hair but with yellow eyes instead of blue before sitting on the stool.

The hat didn't even touch Pixl's head before there was a shout of, "RAVENCLAW!" The boy smiled, mouthing something to the girl before wandering over to the Ravenclaw table.

"Riffs-Shubble, Shelby." Martyn blinked as the girl confidently strode over to the stool. Ohhh, they're brother and sister. That makes more sense. Similarly to Pixl, the hat wasn't even an inch away from Shelby's head before her house was decided.

"SLYTHERIN!" Shelby shot a glance in the direction of Pixl, who stared back at her with an unreadable expression (a slightly devastated one, if Martyn had to guess), before walking over and sitting next to Martyn and Cleo.

"Hi! Martyn, right? Or did I hear it wrong?" Shelby asked quietly, watching as another kid was sorted into Hufflepuff (Hufflepuff and Gryffindor seemed to be the most popular houses).

"Yep. Shelby?" Martyn queried, watching as well as a girl with bright pink hair and blue eyes practically ran towards the stool, stumbling slightly before sitting down and being sorted into Slytherin. "Oh, hey, another one." Lizzie (if Martyn had heard her name right) wandered over to sit next to Joey, who looked less than pleased about the new seating arrangement.

"Mhm. Kinda sad Pix didn't get into Slytherin- now he's going to complain the whole time 'bout how I'm in the 'evil' house." Shelby said mockingly. "Ambitious doesn't mean evil, dude."

"Exactly! My whole family are Slytherins and none of them are evil." The blonde said with a laugh.

"I'd hope not." Shelby joked with a laugh, both of them watching the next couple of Sortings with an intrigued expression.

"Solidarity, Jimmy." One of the last in the line, a boy with dark blonde hair and brown eyes, walked up, and even though he tried to plaster a confident smile on his face, Martyn could see him trembling all the way from the Slytherin table as he sat down.

He glanced sideways at Lizzie, who was chanting, "Slytherin, Slytherin, Slytherin-" under her breath.

"You know him?" Martyn asked thoughtfully, and the girl nodded.

"Childhood friends. We're basically unofficial siblings at this point." Lizzie informed him with a grin before glancing back and letting out a groan of disappointment as the Sorting Hat shouted again.

"HUFFLEPUFF!" Jimmy shot an apologetic glance in Lizzie's direction, making his way over to sit down next to a girl with brown hair and eyes and pink flowers braided into her messy hair (Stress, if Martyn remembered right).

"Sad. He isn't very ambitious though, so I'm not too surprised." Lizzie said with a shrug. "He does seem like a Hufflepuff. In the nicest way possible, that is." She paused. "Oh wait, I can make fun of Hufflepuffs now that I know there isn't a chance I'm gonna be one. You're Martyn, right? I'm Lizzie!"

Martyn shrugged as well, watching as a kid called False was sorted into Ravenclaw and immediately sat down next to Shelby's brother. "Yep, that's me. And Hufflepuffs aren't too bad, I guess." He commented, watching another person be sorted before glancing down the Slytherin table in an attempt to see if any of the other people in his house seemed cool. The blonde paused as his gaze landed on a boy with bright cyan hair and blue eyes. His nails were painted a pale shade of aquamarine and an emerald earring dangled from one of his ears. "Who's that?"

"I think his name's Scott?" Shelby said with a shrug, following Martyn's gaze. "If I heard right, anyway. Why?"

"Just- curious. Trying to get everyone's names." Martyn said with a laugh. "He seems cool."

"Go talk to him then?" Shelby said, shooting him a curious glance.

"And just get up in the middle of the Sorting? No way in hell." Martyn shot back. "I'll probably talk to him later." He added. "Oh, hey, last kid."

"Void, Xisuma." Martyn glanced over the boy called Xisuma with an intrigued expression- he had a faint x-shaped scar across his face and green eyes that seemed somewhat purple-tinged in the odd lighting.

There was a few moments of waiting as the hat was placed on Xisuma's head. Imagine being the last one up. I'd be a nervous wreck. Then there was a shout of, "GRYFFINDOR!", and the Sorting was over.

Wooo double update

Sorting is done, Martyn has befriended Lizzie and Shelby somewhat! :]

I may have overestimated how difficult writing seven main characters was going to be (Pix, xB, Martyn, Shelby, BDubs, Jimmy and Etho)

Hope y'all enjoyed <3

Sorry for any spelling errors, I don't proofread haha :D