Chapter 9: were it all went wrong pt. 2

Sweeping up the popcorn on the floor, I turn to look over my shoulder and see my lover sleeping on the couch. The glow from the TV hit their faces. Today was successful, I never noticed how long we stayed on set. Either way, making my darling happy was the goal of today. Especially after what I did this morning. I threw away the littered popcorn in the trash. I heard a small creek creeping from the hallway. I stand still but quickly realize it's just Home trying to catch my attention.
   "Yes, home, I will take them to bed. Don't worry" I speak in a reassuring tone. Putting the broom away and turning off the TV, picking up the sleeping puppet, I make my way to our bedroom. Placing them on the bed as I grab a set of pajamas from our closet. I quickly undressed them and put them in the pajamas I picked out. I finally tucked my lovely wife in bed before I changed into my pajamas.
   Now in bed, holding my lover as I close my eyes and wait for them to wake again.- "Wally" I hear, feeling my shoulder being nudged, opening my eyes to my dear sitting in front of me, beautiful as ever. "Yes, my dear?" I whisper to them, keeping in mind that home is still resting. "We have to get up now. Or we will be late meeting our fans!" they whisper yell at me.
   Meeting our fans is fun and I always look forward to it! But my goodness... the parents are curt, why are they even there? I sometimes think I shouldn't even bring my darling to these meet-ups. But They seem to love it there more and more every time we go. Oh! And those weird men! They only come to gawk at my wife, how does my love not become bothered? I have to control my anger because of those damn paparazzi!  They might catch me lashing out while snapping their photos. I need to keep my reputation in check.
My trail of thought stopped when I heard the closet doors being opened. My love standing there with a finger pressed on their lip, thinking of the outfit they are going to pick.
  Since we are the face of the show. Our producers must have us there. I get out of bed to pick my outfit as my lover jolts to the bathroom carrying bundled up clothes. I can hear their excitement in their breathy giggles.- "Are you done, my dear?" I ask softly, knocking on the bathroom door. The bathroom door flies open to them posing in a T-shirt crop top that is tied into a knot. And some jean bell-bottoms.,
"cozy!" I say to them, watching as they exit the bathroom. "I know right!" They give me a big smile, pulling their shoulders up like folded wings. Showing their excitement once again.
   Holding my wife's hand as we headed to the locked door next to our bedroom, it was secured and locked. I pulled out the key from the inside of my suit, unlocking the door. Our hands are still intertwined as we make our way down the staircase. It's our basement, we keep all our extra things here, but most importantly, the TV. It's the most important thing in this room because it's no ordinary TV... It allows us to transport. Only me and my darling can only faze through it.
   I turn it on, making sure it's on the right channel, "you ready my love?" I asked them patiently waiting for an answer, "Yes! 100%" They skip joyfully to the TV and begin squirming through. "Be careful, I'm coming through Wally, last time you met the floor with your face" they say, giving me a smug look before letting the TV consume them. I roll my eyes because a perfect landing doesn't seem to correspond well with me. Ironically. I prop myself up to climb in behind them.