Chapter nine POV Draco

After the comment about her friends or more accurately, her lack of thereof, we fell into a shocked silence until we arrived, it gave me some time to process what she said....... And my  reaction to her, I was ready to murder hangrid when he scared her, that touch.... It only took her one touch to calm me down...... how could she hold so much power over me?! Yes she was my mate but this....... Blaze pulled me out of my thoughts as we boarded the seemly horseless carriage
- so, she your's?
I shot him a glare but nodded
- sick!-  Theo patted my shoulder in congratulations
Crabbe and Goyle were clenching and unclenching their fists to keep themselves from running off to find her, they were happy in their own way that I had met her, our families were close, closer than most believed, the members of their family always protected the members of mine, they had new charge and couldn't wait to shadow her, their magically heightened protective instincts practically screaming to find her, their alpha's mate......
I was barely hiding my happiness......... And concern, what if someone decides to hurt me through her, suppose I can hide that she is my mate for a while, but what if she ends up in a different house? I won't survive without her.......
I shook my head pushing away my thoughts, she sat for a minute or two but then to my relief the hat put her in slitherin and she headed to our table. But something was wrong, she had made it to our table but I could swear that I felt her magic burst out for a second, I shook my head and smiled when she sat down next to me, a sure sign that the mate bond was kicking in.
- so, your a Lestrange?
She turned to me meeting my gaze, my breath catching in my throat as her blue eyes clashed with my grey.
- yes, we are cousins.
I nodded, this didn't mean much in the wizarding world, the mate bond could connect you with anyone directly except the closest of family, as in your parents and siblings,but even then you can end up sharing a mate, an indirect mate bond.
    The batty headmaster said his yearly speech and food appeared on the table, I put some on my plate and then looked around to see others doing the same thing, everyone was doing it, everyone except for her... I am stopped eating and turned my attention to her
- why aren't you eating?
She smiled softly
- I'm allergic to most of what is here, and I can't reach what I am not
I frowned
- what can you have?
She nodded towards the fish that was on the table next to Greg and Vincent, close enough to see but not enough to reach with out being rude.
I nodded and called out
- Greg could you please pass the fish?
She blushed slightly
- didn't want to trouble anyone....
Greg shook his head as he handed me the fish
- it isn't any trouble, don't be afraid to ask if you ever need anything.
I smiled at him in approval and he smirked, his way of showing his pleasure of being able to help my little one. She smiled at him and slowly began to eat what I had put on her plate.
- were have you been living all this time? Mum never mentioned you.
She looked up at me
- I first lived at drumstrang, than I moved in with uncle Sirius when he got out.
I was in shock, Drumstrang?! Uncle Sirius?!
My mate was full of surprises, that's for sure.