11. betrayed

Save them.

"How are we supposed to save them if they're already dead?" I ask on our way out.

"I don't know [y/n]," Michael says, fixing his brown locks. "That's what I guess we have to figure out."

"If they're souls, wouldn't they know?" I ask. "And wouldn't they tell us?"

He chuckled. "You ask a lot of questions that I don't have answers to."

"Sorry." I laugh.

Hey, how's it going?" Henry asks us.

We almost died but fine I guess.

"It's going good," Mike spoke for the both of us. "We're just both exhausted."

"I understand," Henry says. "I'm very thankful that both of you are able to work the night shift. It means a lot."

"Yeah, of course," I say.

I couldn't even be mad at Henry because it wasn't his fault. He probably didn't even know the severity of what was going on.

"Listen I hate to ask this of both of you after the night shift, but can you two come back for a staff meeting? I would usually say you two can skip it, but it's really important." Henry asks. "It won't be super long I promise."

"Yeah, sure." I nod.

"Okay, just be back here at 11," He smiles. "Thanks guys."

We arrived back at Freddy's seeing everyone gathered in the dining area. I saw a lot of people I didn't recognize. But there was one person I recognized almost immediately.

"Jeremy!" Michael and I yell in unison.

Jeremy smiles at us. "Hey, it's my smoking buddies!" He says as he pulls us both into a very squished hug.

"Dude, don't say that in front of my father!" Michael chuckles. I look back to see his father giving us a disapproving look, sending chills down my spine. Considering what I knew about him scared me even more.

"Sorry dude, we all need to hang out again," He says playfully, nudging Michael's shoulder. "If you know what I mean."

"Haha yeah," I say. "I think we all need it."

"Hello everyone," Henry says walking in. The room gets silent as Henry starts speaking.

"Firstly, I just want to thank all of you for being so patient and understanding during this time. We do have one last party since the family insisted on it. But the bad news is that after that, we are closing down." Henry sighs, looking upset.

Everyone looked at each other in shock. Was this really it?

"The police have decided to go onwards with their investigation," Henry states. "We're going to be closed until that party. And then that'll be it."

I felt really bad for Henry. I could tell he was distraught about the whole situation.

"You're all good to go," Henry smiles. "Have a great day guys."

"Hey, I'm gonna use the bathroom," I say looking over at Michael and Jeremy.

I wasn't lying about going to the bathroom, but I decided to investigate a little bit on my way there. I found myself by the Prize Counter. Something about that Puppet gave me weird vibes. Was it actually possessed?