13. 1983

1983...

"Michael give it back!" The younger brother whined, reaching up to grab his plush.

"God, you're such a baby!" Michael laughs, causing his brother to cry. Michael knew that if his family heard Evan's crying, he would be in trouble. Rolling his eyes, Michael gave the Golden Freddy plush back to his little brother.

Michael went back to his room, not wanting to deal with his family members. Evan was a crybaby, Elizabeth was a brat, and his father... Oh, how Michael had a burning hatred for his father. His father was undeniably cruel to him. Michael wouldn't have been surprised if his father had ended up being a murderer or something of the sort.

The only person Michael could truly stand in his house was his mother. His mother had been the most kind and caring person Michael had ever met. However, most of her attention was focused on his younger two siblings. Michael had been the forgotten child.

As Michael walked back into his room, he turned on his record player, playing whatever record he had left in from last time. He sat on his bed, alone with his own thoughts.

"Hey honey, dinner's ready" Clara spoke softly, interrupting Michael's jam session. He sat up, looking at his mother.

"Okay, Mom."

She waited at the door for Michael, as they both walked downstairs together. As they went downstairs, they could hear the chatter at the table.

"Your Uncle Henry is here," She smiles.

Michael had always secretly wished that Henry was his father. Henry at least acknowledged Michael. Henry at least treated Michael like a human being. That was all he wanted.

"Hey, how's it going kiddo?" Henry asks Michael as he sits down.

"It's been okay," Michael replies taking a bite of food. No one ever asks how he's been.

"Evan, are you excited for your party tomorrow?" Henry asks, averting his attention over to Evan, who was holding his Fredbear plushie.

"Yes Uncle Henry," He responds quietly nodding. He looked back down at his plushie.

"So Michael,  how has school been?" Henry asks, averting his attention to Michael,  "I know school is ending for the summer soon."

"It's been okay," Michael shrugs. He was never the best at school, but he had been trying a lot this year.

His friends had been talking about college, and Michael strived to get away from this small town. And especially to get away from his father.

"That's good-"

"Actually, Michael aren't you failing your math class?" William remarked. Mike's face instantly contorted, looking upset.

"Yeah, but I..." Michael said, trying to defend himself. He was pissed. His father always did that to him. He would always undermine Michael's achievements.

"No I get it, I struggled with math too," Henry chuckles, lightening the mood. "That's why your dad does all the paperwork."

"Yeah," Michael chuckled awkwardly. Michael had already been hurt by his father's statement, so Henry's attempt to make him feel better didn't help.

Michael looked down awkwardly not wanting to talk anymore. He zoned out as he listened to everyone else talk. He picked at his plate, feeling himself get more and more upset.

"Michael, are you done with your plate?" Clara asks softly. He nods, handing her the plate.

"Thanks, Mom," He smiled softly. With that Michael walked up to his room, eventually falling asleep for the night.