Thank God

Taehyung has been out for 5 days.

He knows y/n will be damn worried.

Everyone tried to mind link him but he blocked everyone. He didn't feel like talking to anyone, even Evelyn.

He waited patiently, he had a slight hope he'll meet his mate and will lead a happy life. He thought he'll have someone to proudly say as his. But his dream passed on like the passing clouds.

He felt helpless and miserable when he saw her stumbling towards him, muttering the word mate even though her body is drowned in blood. She was a rogue but he wasn't disgusted, he felt love for the first time.

He had hope until the last second she'll be alright but...

He didn't even know her name, it hurts so much when the other part of you dies right before your eyes. He didn't sleep or eat for the whole 5 days, he just couldn't.

He slowly tried to get up but he fell to his knees. "Taehyung? Are you okay?" He heard a faint voice slowly everything turned black.

After some hours...

"Are you okay?" A familiar voice asked him. He opened his eyes but soon shut back because of the bright lighting.

When he opened his eyes, and slowly sat up. "Here eat this?" He was offered some food but he stared at the person with questioning eyes.

"Jungkook..." He said in a deep hoarse voice. Jungkook hummed. "Don't you like it, You want anything else.."

"Why are you helping me?" Taehyung asked after a pause. "No particular reason, I just wanted to..." He said casually.

"But- we are enemies, remember?" Taehyung said.

"Yeah, I do remember but eat this...and contact y/n, she was hella worried.."

"How do you know that?" he asked raising one of his eyebrows.

"what?"

"How did you know, She was worried" he squinted his eyes and looked at Jungkook suspiciously.

"Isn't that obvious, you're her best friend" he cleared his throat.

How will he don't know when he couldn't sleep a wink because he felt his mate being worried all night.

Everything seemed suspicious but nevertheless, he nodded before starting to eat his food.

Jungkook didn't tell anyone about his mate. He didn't get a chance to, He was worried about how they'll react if he say he rejected his mate. He was sure everyone will be disappointed cause it's rare to reject one's mate.

"Taehyung?" Jungkook said, Taehyung, hummed diverting all the attention from his food towards him.

"May I ask you something?"

"Yeah, go on and consider this as a payback for providing me food" Taehyung said as he slurped his noodle with a loud sound.

"How did you feel when your mate died?" He slammed his hands on the desk making a loud thud.

"If that's what you wanna talk about, then fuck off. I'm trying so hard to forget about it" He looked so pissed

"I'm sorry, I just wanted to know, is..huh...what-what will happen if someone rejects their mate?" Jungkook said making Taehyung's eyes widen in shock.

"Dude... don't tell me you rejected your mate...Even if I don't like you and fight with you, I never wanted you to be mateless" Taehyung almost yelled.

"Sheesh, I'm just asking..." Taehyung breathed out in relief.