101-105

101-

     It wasn't that Song Yuan didn't feel bad.

In the past, when they were together and she didn't know his identity, she still felt sorry for him when she heard that he was an orphan. Later, when she found out about his true identity, those soft feelings were all taken back by her due to the great disparity between their statuses. Thinking about it carefully, wasn't she in the wrong for their relationship to have come to this point?

Their statuses were there, and it was basically impossible for them to have a happy ending back then. But if she had worked harder, maybe — maybe when she came back, he wouldn't have any regrets.

"Why are you telling me these things?" Song Yuan was upset, but she couldn't help feeling puzzled. "You didn't tell me in the past."

Yung Heng placed the wine glass on the table in front of him. He put his hands behind his head and leaned casually. He glanced at her and smiled. That smile was bright, just like back then. "I read in a book that women are different from men. Sympathy will stimulate their feelings. I was thinking that if I told you these things, maybe you would pity me a little."

Song Yuan was speechless again.

However, she also understood him. If he really had such thoughts, then he wouldn't be himself. If she really showed pity for him, he might even be very angry.

"Okay, I'll tell you the truth." Yung Heng chuckled softly. "My thoughts are a little worse. I just hope that this matter can be a little more fair. I won't fall in love with anyone else, and I won't be with anyone else forever. Then I hope that you can do the same. Even if we don't live in the same time and space, you should never fall in love with anyone else. We're both lonely. "

This was the truest thought in his heart.

In this lifetime, he would never accept her falling in love with someone else, marrying someone else, and having children with someone else.

Before he left, he had told her the most secret and unbearable things in his heart. Was he the best person in her heart? After she found out that he had lied to her, she still liked him, but she wasn't as calm as before. Didn't that also prove that he was the person she liked the most in all these years? Now that he had changed even this shortcoming, would there be anyone else like him in the future?

Song Yuan: "… I don't think my parents will agree either."

Yung Heng was amused by her words. He looked at her seriously and said, "Listen carefully. You've come back to the modern world from the ancient times. You have to live happily and freely here. No matter what you do or say, you have to be happy. Otherwise … how would it be worth it?"

Song Yuan understood what he meant. Her eyes quickly reddened, but she still nodded gently. "Okay."

Finally, Yung Heng hugged her gently and whispered in her ear, "Be happy."

"Yes."

***

The days on the island passed quickly. Rong Ting was very happy every day. Song Yuan even took him to dive and see some sea creatures. Of course, he also got tanned quite a bit. The main reason was that he was too straight and didn't want to apply sunscreen. Every time, Song Yuan had to persuade him until his mouth was dry before he reluctantly agreed. For the past few days, almost every meal was seafood. Rong Ting was almost tired of eating it. When they returned, Song Yuan also took him to buy a lot of local specialties.

Song Yuan hoped that Rong Ting could properly say goodbye to the people who cared about him and appeared in his life.

As the day of their return approached, Song Yuan's initial panic and reluctance to part was now calmly accepting.