Five

Love Tested

Back in their respective countries, Junhyeon and Taerae kept in touch through phone calls, messages, and video chats. They talked about their plans for the future, their careers, and their hopes for their relationship.

Taerae's voice crackled through the phone as he spoke to Junhyeon. "I can't believe I'm back home already," he said, a hint of sadness in his tone.

Junhyeon's voice was comforting. "I know, it's tough," he said. "But we'll see each other again soon, I promise."

"I hope so," Taerae said, his voice sounding distant. "It's just hard being so far away from you."

Junhyeon's tone grew more serious. "I understand," he said. "But distance doesn't change how I feel about you. I love you, Taerae, and I'll always be here for you, no matter where we are in the world."

Taerae's voice softened. "I love you too," he said, his voice filled with emotion. "And I believe you. But it's just hard not being able to see you every day."

Junhyeon sighed. "I know, it's not easy," he said. "But we'll make it work. We can plan trips to see each other, and we can keep in touch every day. We can even send each other love letters like they used to do in the old days," he said with a chuckle.

Taerae's voice brightened. "I like that idea," he said. "And I'll make sure to visit you in Paris soon. Maybe we can even put another lock on the Love Lock Bridge."

Junhyeon smiled. "I'd like that," he said. "But most importantly, I just want us to keep our love strong and steady, no matter the distance between us."

Taerae's voice was filled with determination. "We will," he said. "Because our love is worth it."

Despite the distance, their love continued to grow stronger each day, and they made plans to visit each other soon. Taerae was excited to show Junhyeon around his city, to introduce him to his friends and family, and to see if their connection could withstand the challenges of a long-distance relationship.

Their first few visits were magical, filled with laughter, romance, and shared experiences. They explored new places, tried new foods, and created memories that they would cherish forever.

But as time passed, Taerae began to feel the weight of the distance. He missed Junhyeon terribly when he wasn't with him, and the time zones made it difficult to find time to talk. They had arguments about small things, misunderstandings that seemed blown out of proportion because of the distance.

Taerae wondered if they were strong enough to withstand the challenges of a long-distance relationship. He knew that he loved Junhyeon deeply, but he also knew that love alone wasn't enough.

One day, while talking to his best friend, Phanbin, Taerae expressed his doubts about his relationship with Junhyeon.

"I don't know if I can do this anymore," he said, tears streaming down his face. "I miss him so much, but it's so hard to make this work. What if we're not meant to be together?"

Phanbin listened, offering words of comfort and support.

"Distance is hard, but it doesn't mean that you can't make it work," he said. "You and Junhyeon have something special, something that's worth fighting for. Don't give up on him, or on yourself."

Taerae thought about his friend's words, and he realized that he didn't want to give up on Junhyeon or on their love. He decided to have an honest conversation with him, to express his fears and doubts, and to see if they could find a way to make their relationship work.

They talked for hours, sharing their feelings and coming up with a plan to stay connected despite the distance. They agreed to make time for each other, to be patient and understanding, and to never give up on their love.

As they hung up the phone, Taerae felt a sense of relief wash over him. He knew that their love was tested, but it had also grown stronger because of it. He was grateful for Junhyeon, for his patience, his love, and his understanding.

He realized that their love was like the love locks on the Pont des Arts, locked together forever, even when the distance tried to tear them apart.

The End.

A/N:

sorry for the fast-paced story. :( i'm currently working on another junrae story, so i decided to end it this way. anyways, i hope you guys like it! au revoir!