Three

A First Date to Remember

As they passed by a flower shop, Junhyeon bought a red rose and handed it to him. "For you," he said, a hint of mischief in his tone.

Taerae looked at the rose, feeling touched by the gesture. "Thank you, Junhyeon. You really know how to make a guy feel special," he said with a smile.

Junhyeon grinned, "I had to get you something to make up for all the walking we've been doing. You're not too tired, are you?"

Taerae chuckled, "I'm fine, Junhyeon. I can keep up with you."

"Good to hear," Junhyeon said.

They continued walking until they reached a small park with a stunning view of the city.

"This is one of my favorite spots," Junhyeon said, pointing at the view. "What do you think?"

"It's beautiful," Taerae replied, mesmerized by the panorama. "Thank you for showing me around, Junhyeon. I had a great time."

"Me too," he said. "Say, would you like to grab a drink? There's a cute café nearby."

Taerae hesitated again. He wasn't sure if he was ready to start dating again, but Junhyeon was too charming to resist. "Sure, why not," he said, feeling a rush of excitement.

As they walked to the café, Taerae felt like he was walking on clouds. For the first time in months, he felt alive and hopeful. Maybe Paris was the place where he could heal his broken heart and start a new love story.

The café was small and cozy, with dim lighting and soft jazz music playing in the background.

"Wow, this place is lovely," Taerae said, admiring the surroundings.

"I'm glad you like it," Junhyeon said, smiling at him.

Junhyeon ordered a bottle of red wine, and they sat at a table near the window, watching the passersby on the street.

As they sipped their wine and chatted, Taerae felt a sense of ease with Junhyeon that he hadn't felt in a long time.

Taerae took a sip of his wine and looked at Junhyeon. "So, what's your favorite book?" he asked.

Junhyeon smiled. "I'm a big fan of The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller. It's such a beautiful retelling of the Trojan War and the love story between Achilles and Patroclus."

"I've heard of it, but I haven't read it yet," Taerae said. "Maybe I should add it to my list."

"You definitely should," Junhyeon replied. "So, what about your favorite band?"

"I'm a huge fan of The 1975," Taerae said. "I've been to their concerts a few times, and they never disappoint."

"Really?" Junhyeon said. "I love The 1975 too! What's your favorite song?"

"That's a tough one," Taerae said, thinking for a moment. "I think I'd have to say 'Somebody Else.' It's just so catchy, and the lyrics really resonate with me."

"I love that one too," Junhyeon said, nodding. "But my favorite is probably 'Robbers.' It's just so intense and emotional."

Taerae smiled. "I know what you mean. That song always gives me chills."

They keep chatting and laughing with each other and before they knew it, the café was closing, and they had to leave. Junhyeon walked Taerae back to his hotel, holding his hand as they walked.

"I had a great time tonight," he said, stopping in front of the hotel. "Would you like to see me again?"

Taerae looked at him, his heart beating fast. He knew that seeing him again would mean letting go of his past and opening up to a new possibility. But as he looked into Junhyeon's eyes, he felt a sense of trust and comfort that he hadn't felt in a long time.

"Yes," he said, a smile forming on his lips. "I would like that."

They hugged each other goodbye, and Taerae went to bed with a happy heart.