The Collector

Scene: Fu's massage shop. Master Fu is meditating with Wayzz beside him.

Wayzz: Master, are you okay?
Master Fu: He's here!
(Luka knocks on the door and Wayzz flies off and hides inside the phonograph.)
Master Fu: Hello, Coccinelle!
Tikki: I know you never wanted me to bring him here again but... you must see what he's discovered. Show him, Luka.
Luka: I've been here; I've met you before. You're the healer that cured Tikki when she was sick! Soo... I'm guessing you're not really a vet?
Master Fu: Not really. That was your first day of school, that wasn't a chance meeting either. (Master Fu has a flashback of Luka helping him.)
Master Fu: Luka, you're always ready to help others. I knew that day, that very moment, that you'd make a fantastic Coccinelle!
Luka: But, who are you?
(Master Fu stands up and guides Luka to the phonograph. He uses the code which unlocks access to the Miracle Box.)
Tikki: Master Fu is the last known member of the Order of the Guardians!
Wayzz: (Wayzz flies out of the phonograph and starts talking to Luka.) Guardians of the Miraculous! I'm Wayzz, Master Fu's kwami. It's a pleasure to meet you, Luka.
Luka: Uhh, you too! (chuckles)
Master Fu: We guardians are responsible for protecting and distributing the Miraculous, for the good of all humanity. We are chosen in childhood and trained for many years, specially for this mission. When we were much, much younger, we... (sighs) I made a mistake. The guardians' temple was destroyed, all because of me! Two of the Miraculous were lost that day. The Butterfly and the Peacock. Also gone forever was the ancient spellbook!
Luka: But all it has are drawings of old superheroes and a bunch of strange symbols.
Master Fu: Not strange to a Guardian. Back in the days, I was never given the opportunity to even have a look at it, but I've been taught enough to be able to partially decipher the code.
(Luka looks at Tikki, then hands the Miraculous book to Master Fu)
Master Fu: These pages contain various spells capable of giving Coccinelle and Chat Noir special abilities we haven't known about, until now! Obviously, this book is invaluable.

Scene: Adrien's room. Nathalie shows CCTV images of Adrien stealing the Miraculous book from Gabriel's safe.

Gabriel: Why did you take the book?
Adrien: I... I just wanted to know what you were hiding behind that portrait that was so important. You... you never told me about those things. I was intending to give it back to you, I swear! But then... I lost it.
Gabriel: How can I possibly trust you again, Adrien?
Adrien: Sorry... I'll get you another copy.
Gabriel: It's one of a kind! The book's the source of my inspiration.
Adrien: I didn't know that. I hardly know anything about you, Father.
Gabriel: You won't be returning to school. You'll be home-schooled again... with Nathalie.
(Adrien is disappointed. Nathalie looks at Adrien and Gabriel and leaves the room.)

Scene: Fu's massage shop. Master Fu is seen reading the Miraculous book. Tikki is chasing Wayzz through the air in circles around the room.

Master Fu: I've always believed that whoever possessed this spellbook must also have the Peacock and the Butterfly Miraculous.
Luka: You mean whoever owned the spellbook could be Hawk Moth?
Master Fu: How did you discover this book, Luka?
Luka: I saw some kids reading it in the school library, but I don't know if it was actually theirs.
Master Fu: You didn't see who it belonged to, then?
Luka: No. No, I don't think so.
Master Fu: What a shame. For a moment, I thought we were about to discover the identity of Hawk Moth. We would've had a chance to defeat him.
Luka: I could investigate if you want.
(Master Fu closes the book.)
Master Fu: But you must be very careful, Luka. If you succeed, you may well find yourself face to face with Hawk Moth.
Luka: I'll be very careful, I promise.
(Luka stands up and leaves the shop along with Tikki.)

Scene: Street. Luka is seen running, with Tikki consulting him.

Tikki: (Pops out from Luka's jacket.) Why did you lie to Master Fu?!
Luka: It wasn't a lie, Tikki. Yes, we saw Adrien and Lila with the book, but we don't know if it actually belonged to either of them. For all we know, Adrien could've borrowed it from someone.
Tikki: I'm sure we'll find an explanation.
Luka: We need to get to the bottom of this.
Tikki: Do you know where to find Adrien?
Luka: Assuming his dad hasn't dragged him to another photo shoot, he should be at the school.
Tikki: Let's go.
(Luka runs towards the school.)