Karmas A Bitch

⚠️TW Mention Of Suicide and Abuse⚠️

"we've been here before," Hen says as they get out of the truck. They were responding to a male who said he had been shot. once they were all standing outside the track the sudden feeling of being here hit them.

"This was my worst call," Brea said looking t the tree. The call here before was for a presumed suicide as a woman was hanging from that very tree. The woman had marks littered over her, which they knew she must have been in an abusive relationship and she didn't see a way out so she had to die. This call was a few days after she joined the 118 and took her back to a place she never wanted to be.

"When?" Buck asked starting at his fellow teammates

"Not long before you joined us kid," Bobby said

they began getting their equipment and going out to the field where they saw a twitching body on the ground with a pool of blood escaping his shirt. This man was the husband of the woman who killed herself. He had blown the tree that his wife hung herself on. it was evident that the bullet that the wife had shot at the tree had ricocheted back into the husband when he blew the tree up. She finally got her wish because now he was dead too. They did everything that they could to try and save him but none of them were even a little sad and in the wise words of hen

"Karmas a bitch"

Brea just stood staring at the blown-up tree in the distance as that day came back to her my explicitly than she wanted.

"Why would she do something like this?" Chim uttered quietly

"Whatever it was we could have talked about it. I could've helped her, I loved her." The none expressing man said

"I imagine she wasn't eager to run into your loving arms" Brea scowled.

"We had our differences" he said seeming not to give a care in the world.

"Clearly," Brea said before starting to walk towards the man as Bobby stopped her.

Brea never wanted to hit a man so much before, she never understood what went through people's heads to do such a thing to their loved ones until it happened to her and her wanting to go over and beat this shit out of this man who just stood in the rain just looking at his wife lifeless body hangs there was so strong.

"Brea" Bobby yelled to grab her attention knowing that she is thinking of the last time she was here because she did that same thing after the woman was cut down.

"uh... yeah," she said turning around to see him staring at her preparing herself for the question he was about to ask.

"Are you okay?" nobody liked being asked that question especially someone who has a past like hers, is like something inside gets triggered and made you want to lash out but you cant instead you have to be professional because no one wants to see someone known as strong break down well that's what she thought anyways.

"yeah I'm great" plastering a bright smile on her face knowing deep down part of her wished she killed the man herself.

"I know this was a tough one for you especially aft-" he was soon shut down by her.

"no...I'm fine okay the past is the past" She knew that her father could see past this fake smile and hated the fact that he brought it up because it wouldn't bring memories back for him as well. Seeing your daughter black and blue is not a sight any father wants to see. Bobby always blamed himself for not being there to protect her and not being able to see what was going on, sadly Brea was an amazing actress as this was going on for years, she learned the right hacks to cover up any bruising and learnt how to act apart when she was in tremendous pain. Brea never wanted anyone to know what was and tried to keep it a secret for as long as she could until it was too late.