Falling Apart

"Is everyone ok?" Vil groans, trying to stand up on a broken heel.

Several students groan.

"Oh, my God! I'm so sorry, Malleus!" Yuu shrieks, throwing Malleus off of her.

"Are you ok, Yuu?" Deuce yells, looking down at them from the parts of the gym that haven't sunk.

"I'm ok!  Hey! Where's Headmage Crowley?" Yuu replies, realizing Crowley isn't anywhere in the sinkhole.

"He couldn't have," Ace says in disbelief with a bit of anger.

"That piece of sh-" Deuce yells.

Now the story of a wealthy school thrown into infamy and the one girl and cat trying to keep everyone together. It's Twisted Development.

After safely getting everyone out of the gym sinkhole, Trein and Crewel began the search for Crowley.

"TwistNews! Looks like the headmage of Night Raven College has taken a sudden migration amid the allegations of child neglect, child endangerment, and multiple embezzlement and fraud charges. With the sudden disappearance of the Headmage, who will run Night Raven College?" Bella Ramirez reports,  outside the school.

"Shoo, you pesky woman! You aren't even supposed to be on this property!" Crewel screams, taking out a long whip.

Bella and her news crew fly away on their broom and narrowly misses Crewel's whip.

"God, how could Crowley do this?" Crewel gripes, rubbing his head.

"I'm more worried about the students and the future of this school. The parents are starting to worry, and one of our students doesn't even have her parents to worry about her," Trein says, looking at Yuu walk to Ramshackle with Ace, Deuce, Sebek, Jack, Silver, and Epel. "If or when this school goes under, someone has to care for Yuu. We can't throw her out into a world that isn't hers to fend for herself."

"You raise a good point. Someone in this world has to look after Yuu," Crewel replies, looking slightly distressed.

As the two adults talk about Yuu's well-being, her freshmen friends discuss the aftermath of Crowley's disappearance.

"Did you hear the rumor that some families are starting to pull their kids out?" Epel asks, looking at the students hanging around campus.

"Yeah, hopefully, everyone stays," Yuu replies, kicking a pebble forward.

"We shouldn't think about negative things so quickly. Dinner should be ready, and I heard they're serving premium steaks today," Silver says, watching the sun go down.

"I guess you're right. Besides, all this happened only a couple of hours ago," Yuu responds, stopping in her tracks. "You guys can head to the cafeteria. I'm going to get Grim from Ramshackle."

'Ok, meet you there," Ace says, hugging Yuu.

Yuu walks to Ramshackle and notices something off about her dorm. She tilts her head from side to side, then settles that it's her eyes playing tricks on her. Yuu goes inside and notices Grim drinking water from an old faucet.

"Grim, dinner's ready. They have steak!" Yuu exclaims, lifting an adorable Grim into her arms.

"Nyah! Finally, something I can use my magnificent predator teeth for!" Grim meow, water dripping onto Yuu's shirt.

Grim had watched a National Geographic film about big cats and joined the Pan-Feline movement. Leona and other cat beastmen did not associate with this movement.

"Grim, you're still kitten-sized," Yuu giggles, letting Grim down on the ground.

"So? One day I'll be as big as a black panther!" Grim yells, using his magic to float on his hind legs. "What's that noise?"

As Yuu and Grim approach the campus, they notice a crowd spilling from the hallway.

"What the hell is going on?" Yuu asks herself, trying to see what's happening.

After multiple excuse me's and pushing past people, Yuu arrives at the front, where she meets Leona and Vil.

"Can someone please tell me what's happening?" Yuu pants, holding Grim.

"Nyah! I'm hungry!" Grim groans, fidgeting in Yuu's arms.

"Those damned ghosts closed the cafeteria! A shipment of food arrived for today's and next week's meals. However, since Crowley isn't here to sign the papers, they can't use the food!" Leona growls, scratching the cafeteria door to get inside.

"You're forgetting how they found out Crowley shorted their paychecks!" Vil snarls, his eyes flaring with anger.

In fact, Crowley wasn't even paying them in money, digital or physical. He paid them with Day of the Dead skull sugar candies.

"So, are they going to open back up or not?" Yuu asks, trying to distract from the sound of her stomach grumbling.

"I don't know, but it doesn't look like they will anytime soon!" Leona yells, pounding on the door.

"Well, this can't get any worse," Yuu says, looking at the floor.

It most certainly will.

The lights go out, and the hallways are pitch black. People scream, and bodies start to move. Several people pull out their phones and put them in the air.

"What happened?" Cater asks, live streaming from his Magicam account.

"Power went out. Crowley must've not paid the electric bill," Kalim says, using his light magic as a light.

"OUT OF THE WAY, CHILDREN!" Professor Trein booms, using a wand as a light.

"Is everyone ok?" Crewel asks, following Trein.

"Everyone, head back to your dorms! We will find food for you!" Trein announces, using his magic to light a few hallway lamps."Everything will be fine!"

The students begin to leave for the Hall of Mirrors, but Trein pulls Yuu aside.

"Yuu, you can't stay in Ramshackle. The dorm is connected to the campus grid. Your dorm doesn't have power for as long as NRC doesn't have power," Trein says, trying to guide students to the Hall of Mirrors.

"Great, so the heating is off," Yuu groans, rubbing her forehead.

"Unfortunately. We'll figure out somewhere for you to sleep," Trein says. "Get your stuff from Ramshackle and come back to the campus."

"Ok! Come on, Grim!" Yuu exclaims, feeling the walls to navigate the darkness.

In the next: Twisted Development:

Yuu sleeps in a tropical paradise.

"Well, it may not be a bed, but at least it's warm. Grim, can you turn off the lights?" Yuu says, moving a flower out of her face.

"Do you think I can eat a greenhouse flower for dessert?" Grim asks, turning off the lights.

And Trein finds food for the school.

"Oh! Here's something! El Senor Taco, stop!" Trein yells, chasing after the truck. "Wait!"

Then loses it.

Trein falls down, and the truck speeds away down the road.

"Do you wanna ask RSA for help?" Sam asks, helping Trein off the ground.

"No, I still have some dignity left," Trein replies, slowly getting up.

"Oh ho ho ho! I'm sure if you had a healthy diet of six dozen eggs you could easily catch the truck!" Vargas boasts, earning him a glare.

"Shut up before you wish your mother let your egg go and have her period!" Trein snarls.

"That's it, I'm getting a Brroomer for delivery!" Crewel exclaims, pulling out his phone and opening the Brroomer app. "What do ya'll want? Mexican? Fast food? Chinese?"

"Fast food please!" Trein and Sam plead.