💐 Chapter 2

< °°Y/N's P. O.V°° >

"You promised!" Ri said as we got home.

"I know, RiRi!"

"Then we are really having pizza?" She asked with eyes full of hope. " I did my homework too, all!"

"I already ordered pizza for us, it might be coming soon, so first let's go shower and make you wear your comfy pyjamas okay?"

Riana screamed a 'yes' and happily ran upstairs.

"Careful, Ri! What did I say about running on the stairs?"

"Sorry mommy!"

We returned home later than usual, even my parents got a little worried. Ever since I started working, I'd always come back home before seven, but tonight was an exception. It turns out my new boss wanted to discuss just every issue the very first day he starts working as my boss and the company's new CEO.

I let him though, I could have argued and went back home but I thought maybe, just maybe it's just for today and I'm hoping that this won't happen again.

"Did you say extra cheese?" Ri said dragging the 'extra' as she took a seat next to me.

"I did, love." I serve her one slice and took one for mine.

Riana hums from time to time which means she is loving it. I smile as I watch her eating. What would I do without you, Ri?

After cleaning the kitchen, I put Ri to bed and went to sleep in my room as well. As I lied down on my bed, I thought about my day, hoping that I won't have to do the overtime again.

💐💐💐💐

"We are so close to getting this deal. I hope everything is set." Jungkook stated.

"Yes." I answered.

"Good. Mail me the details of the clients from Singapore and when was the conference scheduled?"

"Next week."

He nodded.

"I'll go check the conference room, we have a meeting in twenty minutes." He nodded again and I got up and walked out.

For the whole day, I have been in his office and listened as he complained about how he wasn't satisfied with the way I set some appointments or some mistakes in filing, here and there. All I heard today is him pointing out flaws in the way I do my job, which never ever happened before with the last CEO.

I always give my best and I've never had  to hear people complaining that much about me. Did he wake up on the wrong side of the bed?

The meeting started and I took a seat in front and listened as Jungkook presented. Damn, he can be a mean boss, but he is hot. I mentally scolded myself for eyeing my boss in an inappropriate way.

"And so we are going to invest in this project." He said and I barely heard the next sentence.

Why? Because I was busy watching him fold his sleeves, the bite the inside of his cheek as he waited for the other employees to give their opinions.

"Okay, we are done for today. The next meeting will be next Tuesday." He said and briefly looked at me, which meant 'I hope you're noting it down'.

It was already past five and Jungkook was still on his conference call, one that was fixed at the last minute. I waited and waited and waited.

It was six and as soon as Jungkook ended his meeting, he asked me to mail the clients and copy him the contracts. Why am I still here?

I sighed as I switched off the laptop and did a last check in my office before leaving. It was half past six and I had to go pick Ri up from my parents' place.

Is this how it is going to be now?

I was so much grateful to my parents. They'd prepare dinner already and after having dinner, Dad drove me and Ri back home. Atleast, I had them. If they weren't here, I don't how I'd have looked after Ri.

As I tuck Ri in bed, my phone rang. It was an unknown number.

"Hello?"

"Miss Y/N, did you mail me the details of the Singapore deal?" He asked.

"Sorry?" I asked as I looked at the time. It was already ten and this man had the guts to call me at this time and ask about work?

What the hell.

"The details of the-"

"I heard you the first time, Mr Jeon, but did you look at the time? It's already ten and I'm about to go to sleep." I said.

"Yes, I did. I was just confirming because I couldn't-"

"You could have asked me that tomorrow at the office. This is not the time to call an employee. I've got a life apart from work, Mr Jeon."

"Excuse me?"

"You are excused. I'm sleepy, and I can't process anything work related right now. I'll see you tomorrow at the office and you can then tell me any issues you have. Thank you and have a good night, Mr Jeon." I said and immediately hanged up.

I'll deal with this tomorrow. If he wants to get mad at me as well for this, he can do it tomorrow. I can't handle any of this anymore today.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Here's a new update, I hope you like it!!

Drop a dm on my insta 'miniessona' if you want to talk or any questions you have you can ask me there, I always reply.💜

Thank you so much for reading!!

Ahhgh I'm super tired and sleepy! I'll go get some sleep.

Have a nice day/ great night!!

Don't forget to share and vote🌟

See you soon, I purple y'all💜🥺