💐 Chapter 16

< °°Y/N's P. O.V°° >

If you told me years ago that I'd be traveling to different countries, I would have laughed. I always dreamed of traveling, yet when I look back to the years I've been working for the Jeons, it is quite unbelievable to think about the many places I've been. Once we landed, I sent a message to my parents as I'd usually do and asked them if Ri was fine, turns out she was more than fine. My daughter was back to her usual self and I was glad she stopped crying. I hope these days fly away as soon as possible so I could with her again.

As soon as we reach the hotel, Jungkook gave me my room key and head up to his room which was on the same floor, just opposite mine. I unpacked and took a shower and decided I'll stay in my room until I need to leave, which would be only when we'd have our scheduled meetings and that was because I didn't trust myself around Jungkook anymore. He was starting to make me feel something and I was trying so hard to keep myself away from him and controlling the urge of wanting to pull him in for a kiss or demanding him to explain why he looks at me as if he cared. After my ex, I haven't been craving any other thing than just to be with my daughter, take care of her and spend as much time as I can with her. My life was just about giving her all the love I can so she doesn't feel like there is something lacking. The absence of a father figure can definitely affect a child and as much as I wanted her to have a father in her life, I was scared that I'd end up sharing my heart with a man and forget my daughter. It scares me. What if I do the same thing that my ex did with Ri? What if I abandoned her like I was abandoned at the most important time of my life?

I never really cared or thought about this that much, not until Jungkook came. I thought all we had was lust between us but he is asking of me something that I'm scared to give him and that is.. my heart. Will he love me like I dreamed to be loved? Will he accept Ri and love her as much as I wish he'd do? And if he does, then until when? Until when will he love us? And when he realises that a single mother and her daughter is not what he needs in his life, then what? How will I mend my broken heart again? Above all, how will I get the broken pieces of my Ri's heart together?

A knock on the door pulled me out of my thoughts. I opened and it was room service. I ordered food earlier so that I don't have to sit and eat dinner with Jungkook. All that I wish for now is for this week to end soon.

"Is there anything you wish to add?" My boss asked as the meeting was coming to an end.

"Hmm, no, I think your ideas are perfect and we should go ahead with it." Mr. Romie said. "We shall sign the contract."

With that, Jungkook and Mr. Romie shook hands while I took the laptop from the table.

"Today is my fifteenth wedding anniversary party. I am hoping to see you and your assistant there tonight. I will be happy if you both graced us with your presence. Miss Y/N?" He looked at me.

"Oh oh we would love too."

"We'll see you tonight then."

"You serious about that?" Jungkook asked as soon as we got in the car.

"About going to the party?" He nodded. "I mean we should, he invited us and he is an old client, so we somehow need to build a stronger bond with him, if this is the way then yeah sure, why not?"

"Hmm, right. Be ready by seven." He said and I hummed.

"We have a meeting with Miss Ellie at ten tomorrow and a lunch with our old and your grandfather's favorite client, Mr. Shoaib."

Jungkook nodded and the rest of the drive to the hotel was silent.

"I will see you tonight." He said as he walked towards the restaurant, leaving me alone to head back to my room.