3

12x02
Walking Tall

"This can't be right. They live here?" Maggie said incredulously fron the passenger seat.

"I mean, when you said carpool, I thought you meant just us." Meredith said from the driver's side. "Where is Alex?"

"Are Owen and I going out and I didn't even realise it?" Amelia asked the three women. She had not stopped talking about Owen and it was doing Ophelia's head in. "Does that happen? Do adults even do that?"

"I don't know. Stop asking." Meredith said. Yesterday, her and Ophelia had gone to get their DNA tested and were meant to get the results back today, so they were both on edge. "Carpooling is supposed to save time."

"The guy with the beard, I have seen him perform a sex act to buy drugs, take the drugs and fall asleep. He's had a full day already." Maggie said, staring at some bearded homeless guys in the street.

"And yet we're still here." Meredith laughed.

"At least I think he's asleep." Maggie said, squinting at the man.

"I hope he's dead." Ophelia said.

"God, when did you become so morbid?" Maggie asked her.

"When she stayed up all night, watching some shitty TV show." Amelia said.

"Oh, it is a great show, and you know it." Ophelia countered. " and I thiught today was my day off, but it got changed for some god forsaken reason."

"Adults go home together. They don't go out they don't steady." Amelia said, ignoring Ophelia. "We're not 15."

"You made out with him on our front porch." Meredith told her.

"And I have no idea what that means." She replied, leaning forward. "I though we were friends. What does it mean?"

"You sound 15." Meredith told her.

"She sounds stupid." Ophelia murmured.

They all jumped out of their skins when Alex walked up to Maggie's window and yelled, "Boo!"

"Alex! I've benn sitting out here for 20 minutes." Meredith scolded him.

"Well, yell at Jo for not changing her oil in over a decade." Alex told her. Ophelia wrinkled her nose in disgust.

"Between you and this anatomy class, my morning is shot." Meredith complained. "I need to stop teaching this anatomy class."

"Your neighbors seem nice." Maggie told Alex as he got in beside Ophelia and put on his seatbelt.

"Yeah, the block's a pit, bur it's cheap." He told them.

"Everybody buckled?" Meredith asked.

"God, you're such a mom." Ophelia told her.

"You're not buckled." Meredtih pointed out.

Ophelia turned to look at the seatbelt, before turning back to Meredith. "I'm too tired." She reasoned.

Amelia sighed before leaning over Ophelia and put on her belt for her. "Thank you." She told the neurosurgeon.