three - the turtle and the hare

"So the names are of dead people?" Madeleine scoffed, flopping against the back seat of the Impala.

"Victims." Dean corrected.

"So, Dad finally calls back and he's sending us on a cold case?" Sam pitched in, looking fed up of the day already. It's only 9am.

"Every year to the day, a single victim is found somewhere around the city." Dean explained.

"Sounds like a regular serial killer to me." Asia shrugged, "Dean, maybe your Dad's wrong on this one."

"Can i finish before you go assuming the worst please?" Dean asked, his tone surprisingly soft compared to the words he spoke. Asia nodded, tipping her head in an apology to her blonde lover.

"The victims are always drained of their blood."

"So they're walking blood bags?" Madeleine sat up straight again.

"Right, but nobody's ever been able to catch them because of how far apart the kills are."

"So what's different about this year? Why did he give us this case?" Asia questioned.

"This year, there was a body found and a new victim abducted as usual, but there were another two bodies found a few days after the annual feast."

"So what are we thinking? Rogue Vamp?" Sam asked, though the look in his eyes was faraway, like he longed to be somewhere else.

"Maybe a vamp on a bender?" Asia suggested, and Dean nodded.

"I think we hit the station first," Dean spoke, "See if the locals have any insight."

"Got it." Madeleine sat back, leaning her head against Asia's shoulder as Dean started up the car.

_____

Dean flashed the sheriff a smile, and then his badge. The other three followed suite, FBI badges pushed ahead of them.

"I'm Agent Daniels, this is my partner Agent Fawn, and this is Agent Moore and his partner Agent Rayne. We're here to investigate this serial killer situation you've got going on here." Dean shook his hand while everyone put their false credentials back into their blazers.

"The office really sent four of you?" the sheriff looked surprised, and concerned all the same.

"Seven years is a long time Sheriff, the boss wanted the best on this." Asia nodded with a warm smile. This seemed to soothe his worries, a sweet smile spreading across his lips. He began to lead the group into a small office within the precinct.

"Well, this is everything we have on the Vampire." the sheriff told them, revealing a large crime board filled with maps and images of the bodies. The whole group was stunted by his words, Dean choking on his own saliva.

"I'm sorry, the what?" Madeleine asked.

"Oh, it's what the media called him. Because all of the victims are found with their blood drained from their body." He looked around the four agents, shaking his head, "Never mind."

"So, what can you tell me about the case?" Sam finally spoke, walking closer to the crime board.

"10 victims in 7 years. One a year, this year we've got an additional three, and one Toni Hasen has been reported missing an hour ago."

"Okay, how about you start with the latest victim." Dean nodded, motioning for the Sheriff to continue.

"Hannah Carberry. She was found in the local park around 10pm last night. She had ligature marks around her arms and legs from what we found to be heavy duty rope." The sheriff cast a solemn gaze to his shoes, his hands tucked behind his back.