five - parent trap

Kamorie arrived back at the hotel with a small spring in her step, Florence knew her plan was working.

"What's up with you?" Florence grimaced, grabbing the take out bag from her older sister's hand and rummaging through it.

"Nunya." Kamorie rolled her eyes, "I'm going out tonight, you know where everything is."

"Yep." Florence smiled, and Kamorie paused with the enthusiasm put into the single worded response.

"What did you do?"

"What are you talking about, i haven't done anything." She smiled, excited to see how her plan was to play out over the next few hours.

"No, i can see your eyes twinkling." She pointed an accusing finger at the eight year old.

"My eyes don't twinkle, are you on drugs?"

"Ha ha, so funny." Kamorie reaches forwards to grab her sandwich from the paper bag, shrugging off her jacket to sit down and eat.

"I'm serious Kamorie, you look a little pale." Florence mocked, gesturing to her face.

"Shut up and eat your stupid sandwich." She rolled her eyes, kicking the girl lightly under the table.

"If you say so." Florence shrugs, kicking back.

There's a beat of silence as the two chomp down on their food before Florence tries again, "So where are you going?"

"Nice try, Flo, nice try."

_____

Madeleine sat in the chair by the desk in the library, searching for a new case while Sam stared off into the distance beside her. She had noticed he wasn't doing much to help her a good five minutes ago, but she wanted to see how long it would take him to snap out of his daydream.

She obviously had forgotten about her impatient nature.

"Okay, what the hell are you doing?" Madeleine spun her chair to face Sam, leaning forwards onto her knees.

"Huh?"

"You're smiling at a bookshelf."

"No, i'm not."

"I literally just watched you smile while looking at the action aisle, Sam."

"I like the action aisle?" He spoke as if he were unsure about his answer before he finally cracked, "Just thinking about the date later."

Madeleine sighed in content, "They grow up so fast."

"I'm only two years younger than you."

"What's your point?" Madeleine scowled, the smile returning as she continued, "So you've got a crush, huh?"

"I guess so." He scoffed out a quiet chuckle.

"And are you ready for that, after Jess?" the girl asked him, concerned for both him and the new hunter.

Sam took a moment to think about it, wearing a concentrated frown on his lips before he nodded with a smile, "Yeah, i think i am."

"I'm happy for you, Samuel." Sam was grateful for his sister, she always knew what to say to make him feel a million bucks.

"You know you don't have to call me that, right?"

"What? Samuel?" Madeleine didn't know what her brother was talking about.

"Yeah, you can just call me Sam."

"I know." She smiled at him, getting up from the computer and packing up their stuff.