statëmbëdhjetë

you're not sure how, but after more or less dancing, you and meguru managed to walk home holding hands. meguru just wouldn't let go of your hand and you'd be lying if you said that didn't send a shiver through your entire body.

quietly, you unlock the door before you creep up the stairs — you think you saw yoichi walking back earlier and you don't need to wake him up unnecessarily, after all.

arriving at your room doors, you look at meguru before biting your lower lip.

a smile graces his lips. "night, y/n." he says in a soft, gentle voice before pulling his hand out of yours.

"wait," quickly you reach for his hand again. "you can sleep over at my place, you know?," you shrug your shoulders slightly. "after all, we've slept in the same room together every night so far."

his beautiful smile widens even more before he nods. "i would love to sleep in your room."

you, too, are now grinning to yourself like a small, shy child and pull him into your room with you.

carelessly, you slip your tshirt over your head and toss it into a corner to wear something more comfortable while you see meguru's eyes scan you briefly before he takes off his own tshirt shortly after.

exhausted, he drops into bed as you turn on his side and look at him. "maybe we should have played shot and kiss downstairs after all." you say suddenly, pressing your lips together, which makes him turn his head to you and smile.

"remember what rensuke said to rosa?"

"that she didn't need to get drunk at all because surely she could kiss yoichi like that if she wanted to?," you inquire, to which he nods. "so?" you raise an eyebrow questioningly.

briefly, he looks from your eyes to your lips and back again before biting his bottom lip and shrugging his shoulders. "same for you."

"who said i meant you, meguru?" you throw him a cheeky smile.

"if you don't want-" he begins, but his interrupted. "i didn't say that!" you affirm, scooting closer to him before leaning over.

"thought so." he grins cheekily, taking your face between his hands before you exchange a few more glances between your eyes and your lips before he finally bridges the distance between you.

"you've ruined me so much, meguru. you made a fucking nice person out of me." you mumble against his lips, to which he grins agains your lips.

"and i'm going to make sure you never forget that; that you never forget me." he says before pressing his lips to your lips again.

"meguru." you say after a few more loving kisses, at which point he pulls away from you, looking questioningly.

swallowing for a second you reach for your backpack next to the bed. "i have something else for you?"

"another what?," he asks with interest. "you already gave me a magnet, didn't you?"

"forget the stupid magnet, i have something much better." you smile uncertainly, pulling the small box out of the backpack before holding it out to him.

"what is this? see, i need to do a marriage proposal, you know?" he jokes while you shrug your shoulders with a grin.

"open it."

briefly, he nods before finally opening the box and you continue. "i got it from a woman on the beach. she found it in the ocean while snorkeling and told me to give them to someone special and well, since you love soccer i thought, uh," you laugh softly and look at him.