Chapter VII: Befriending The Odd.

Here you were, laying in the forest, looking at the beautiful scenery above you. The trees over shadowing you with sunlight glistening between the leaves. The birds chirping and butterflies fluttering around the sweet flowers. 

Surprisingly, Monstadt wasn't quite as humid and skin burning as it looked. Instead it was a nice warm feeling on your skin—a slight breeze every now and then. It was a calming feeling, like your body and mind could finally relax.

Chirp 

You opened your eyes, looking to the side to find a little bird. It didn't quite look like any bird that was national to Monstadt nor any other regions. The little bird had a falcon like face shape and beak—which was a grey-white ombre. It had two little antena like whiskers coming out of it's dotted, shiba-inu eyebrows, the antena whiskers flowing gracefully in the wind. For it's main body color palette it had a white base coloring with a navy blue ombre on the wings and tail. Small specks of black fading from the top to the end of his tail and body more visibly. It's two tail feathers out of five in the back were golden, much like some of the longer feathers in the wings. 

It chirped once again, turning its head to look at you before slightly flapping it's wings in a comfortable position. 

"Hey there little.." You paused, was this thing a guy or a girl. "..girl?" You asked, rolling onto your side. 

It hissed, it's pupils dialating into slits, puffing its feathers out and slightly opening it's wings in a defensive manner.

...

it hissed- how. 

"Ok, no then, so you're a...guy?" 

The bird retracted into a sit-like position seeming to chirp happily. "Alright then." You pondered on what else to do. "So..don't you have places to be?..uh, parents to go to?" He shook his head at both statements. 

The bird looked like a juvenile and looking around to see no nest or birds like his kind around...best case is that he was abandoned. "Well, that makes the two of us." You joked, letting out an airy laugh. 

It just stared at you before emitting a small chirp. 

You huffed before an idea came up, "want some food? I still have a roll of bread with me." You smiled, taking out the small roll of bread from your pouch. The creature seemed to perk at the bit of food in your hand but quickly retracted into a defense form as you got up.

"W-wait, no, it's alright! I'm not gonna harm you." You defended, quickly sitting in a criss cross pose. 

Sighing you took the roll of bread, tearing the corner off before reaching your hand out to offer it. The bird cooed before hesitantly making its way towards you with his/it's wings spreaded out slightly. 

"See that wasn't so ba-AD!?" Before you can process, the bird snatched the whole loaf away, it's beak almost slicing your hand as it flew on to the nearest tree branch and eating it whole. Then it looked back at you, its eyes in their slit state. 

"Ehehe...sorry buddy, I-I don't have any more..." You informed as the bird neared you.

You were confused as the creature stopped, before vomitting out the bread remains and what you swore was a rats pellete, in front of you. "Uhm.." You looked at the 'food' and then the bird who just turned its head side ways. 

"Sorry but i'm kinda full.." You lied, no way in HELL are you eating that, it would be fine if it was fish but this!? Nope. 

...That was a mistake as it went in defense mode once more, puffing it's wings out and flapping them. 

Somehow this small creature was threatening. 

"OK OK, i'll eat it!" You huffed, taking the rat pellete and looking at the grotesque remains before looking back at the bird. "For the love of..." You hesitently ate a bite of the thing before swallowing it—the bird cooeing in satisfaction that you liked it. 

yeuck...never...ever..again.

The bird then made it's way towards you hesitantly before hopping on your legs and in the little nest like hole created between them before laying down. You looked down at the creature slowly petting gently as it cooed in response. 

...

I swear..this is giving me deja vu, but of what.?

————————————————————————————————————————————

You awoke to a small breeze, sending chills to your body. You open your eyes to see your surroundings darkened. Peering at the sky it's darkened with only a ombre of warm colors on the horizon. 

How long was I out..? 

You froze as you felt something wiggle near your side. You look down only to find the bird from earlier. A small wave of relief washed over you as you sighed. 

You nudged the creature in attempts to wake it. "Psst..birdie, it's night time.." You cooed to it as it's meekly opened. It got up looking at the sky and then you before jumping right on your leg. "Eh? Uh sorry but it's almost night and I need to get back." You informed the creature as it nudged into your stomach, seemingly wanting to stay with you.

Sighing you picked the bird carefully before setting it down onto your arms. "You sure you want to stay? The journey will be long and rickety." You dramatically informed the bird, a light chuckle escaping. The bird only chirped in response, snuggling into you more making you playfully scoff. "Well then, if you end up being in some crazy shit, no- ow OUCH!" You seethed as the falcon pecked at your arm at the particular word.

"Ok ok, no cussing sorry.." It chirped in delight making you huff. "Just know I warned ya." You hummed before turning around and making your way back to Monstadt. 

————————————————————————————————————————————

Arriving at the door step of Lisa's house you carefully unlock the door, opening it with caution before carefully closing it. You looked around making sure that the owner of the estate wasn't awake. 

Seeing as the path was cleared you slowly crept your way to the staircase, making sure not to step on those annoyingly loud intruder alarms of wooden floor planks. But unfortunately you'd have to deal with the wooden stair case..

oh how you wished you had a anemo vision...

As you took the final step, you released a breath of air in relief before opening your door slowly. and entering the room, closing the door behind you.

"Where have you been?" 

Oh sh-

.

.

.

.

.

A/N: Short chapter but i'd thought it would be a fluff type :)

Also I couldn't decide to refer to the bird as a he, it or a bird..🤷‍♀️

Please let me know if you think the book is going too fast or too slow, any feedback provided is helpful! ^^

.

.